Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Maintaining and Building of Jan the WJ

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks like you got the rear 44 too, sweet. FYI, that pumpkin is aluminum if you weren't aware. Just an FYI.
    Yup, I knew it had the D44 when I bought it, but just read last week that it was the aluminum differential case. This girl seems to have all the bells and whistles from 2004. I just keep finding more things I like about her. It's probably more capable than my Wrangler in some scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Yup, I knew it had the D44 when I bought it, but just read last week that it was the aluminum differential case. This girl seems to have all the bells and whistles from 2004. I just keep finding more things I like about her. It's probably more capable than my Wrangler in some scenarios.
    Good to hear. It is a very similar platform. Are you planning to lift it?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Good to hear. It is a very similar platform. Are you planning to lift it?
    Yes, but not much. 2-3 inches of lift with 31" BFG KO2 tires (possibly 1" spacers). I want to do a coil lift and shocks all around and have been looking at either Bilstein 5100s or Rancho 9000s, but I can't find much in the way of 2 or 3 inch coils. I did find some OME coils: #2936 (front) #2944 (rear), but I can't find much about how much lift they would provide for the V8. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Last edited by Stotch; 04-05-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Nice WJ!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XJADDICTION View Post
    Nice WJ!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks! ..

Yes, but not much. 2-3 inches of lift with 31" BFG KO2 tires (possibly 1" spacers). I want to do a coil lift and shocks all around and have been looking at either Bilstein 5100s or Rancho 9000s, but I can't find much in the way of 2 or 3 inch coils. I did find some OME coils: #2936 (front) #2944 (rear), but I can't find much about how much lift they would provide for the V8. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    If you're only planning on 31s, I would really recommend a budget boost and shocks even if you have to trim a little. That way you won't have to deal with the drive shaft or steering angles. Sucky part of lifting the WJ is that you can't move the track bar up, it's stuck under the coil.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I put 3 inch coils from IRO on mine and been really happy with them. My drive line angles haven't been an issue. I am able to run 31's without trimming. Just a thought if you want to go coils. Nice looking WJ. Hope you really enjoy it.
    "After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

"The hosts of Heaven stand at attention as we make our way from earth to glory, and Satan's BB guns are no match for God's heavy artillery." Billy Graham

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25682624@N06/

Iac

I've had some trouble with Jan having a inconsistent idle while in park/neutral so I took a look at the throttle botty and found that the IAC module was pretty dirty. I cleaned it up with some TB cleaner (and the throttle body while I had it open) and she's got a perfect idle now! Gotta love an easy fix.
    Here's the IAC before cleaning, pretty gunked up:
    IAC.jpg
    I didn't get an after, but you can always Google WJ IAC if you want to see what it is supposed to look like (metalic and shiny).

I did find some OME coils: #2936 (front) #2944 (rear), but I can't find much about how much lift they would provide for the V8.
    For anyone else who stumbles upon this I did find a detailed application guide for OME coils here: http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/on...de_current.pdf

So I'm considering the #2936 and #2945 for around 1.6" of lift (probably relatively more since my stock ones are surely sagging). Or just coil spacers...

Very nice looking WJ. Looks extremely clean! Good luck, and congrats on the third child!
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast