Rock krawler X Factor mid arms

OutlawJk

Today I purchased a full set of Rock krawler x factor mid arms and evo bolt on coil overs my question is does anybody run a set up like this, how is it and how are Rock krawler arms.

BTW first time ever posting anything on the form

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats on your purchase. You should have asked this question BEFORE buying all that stuff though lol. I'm sure it will be a great set up. I run the evo coilovers and RK front lower adjustable arms and they have done me well.

OutlawJk

Few questions hopefully somebody can help me out

Today I purchased a full set of Rock krawler x factor mid arms and evo bolt on coil overs my question is does anybody run a set up like this, how is it and how are Rock krawler arms.

BTW first time ever posting anything on the forum

jkris

Welcome to Wayalife. Since you already made the purchase, why not start a build thread detailing install and your thoughts on performance. I'm sure it would be of benefit to some who may be looking at the same setup.

OutlawJk

Thanks jkris still trying to figure out how to post stuff. Not sure if I should post under shoptalk or the jeep JK wrangler forum and to post pictures

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh, the "mid-arm" BS again. I have them too. Bought before I researched enough. Did you see that you have to move your rear sway bar back an inch? Watch your rear track bar doesn't hit the diff cover. Make sure you cycle the rear to see that it doesn't. In fact, save yourself the grief and keep the stock track bar installed. Keeping the joints aligned while you tighten the nut down to like 300ft lbs of torque is a challenge. Someone made a jig for this and one of these times I post on a RK kit thread I'll remember to find the goddam post before I'm halfway through typing my reply.

Use lots of anti-sieze on the joints before you thread them into the arm because they will seize if you don't. Look, its not a totally shitty kit, its just that the mid-arm nonsense has you doing lots of stuff that other kits don't. :twocents:

OutlawJk

Ugh, the "mid-arm" BS again. I have them too. Bought before I researched enough. Did you see that you have to move your rear sway bar back an inch? Watch your rear track bar doesn't hit the diff cover. Make sure you cycle the rear to see that it doesn't. In fact, save yourself the grief and keep the stock track bar installed. Keeping the joints aligned while you tighten the nut down to like 300ft lbs of torque is a challenge. Someone made a jig for this and one of these times I post on a RK kit thread I'll remember to find the goddam post before I'm halfway through typing my reply.

Use lots of anti-sieze on the joints before you thread them into the arm because they will seize if you don't. Look, its not a totally shitty kit, its just that the mid-arm nonsense has you doing lots of stuff that other kits don't. :twocents:

All I got was the control arms

deezus

Haven't got the stuff yet but I'm sure I won't get any instructions on that because I didn't buy the whole kit or the self tapping bolts

You will get instructions with those arms. I have the X factor kit and I have no issues with moving it back an inch. However, you are about to get a lot of differing opinions about RKs supposed mid arm CAs. I'm happy with my lift and I like the coils as well. My only complaint is with the company who installed my lift. Oh, and not biting the bullet and getting Evo tuned King adjustable shocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

for what its worth i had nothing but problems with the rear of my 3.5" XFactor

-coils bowed really bad
-moving the sway bar back an inch then had my swaybar bolts shear off
-rear track bar would sometimes contact the diff cover (poison spyder cover)
-rear trackbar bracket hit the driver side shock body (Bill 5100s)
-rear passenger bump stop hit the frame side trackbar mount

think thats it haha i also had a problem with their poly bushings wear out and when i called them and sent them pictures all they said was hummm thats wierd they shouldnt do that and then made me pay full price for new ones, BUT i dont think they are using those bushings anymore

I ended up pulling their rear arms out and put in a set of Currie uppers and stock lowers and moved my swaybar back to stock location and that fixed most the issues. Pretty sure the bumpstop still hit the trackbar mount and the shock was pretty damn close to the relocation bracket.

IMAG4802[1].jpg
IMAG4896.jpg
IMAG4897.jpg
IMAG4898.jpg
IMAG4899.jpg

denvermatt

The paint chipped off on all of my Rock Krawler control arms next to the joints. The joints are junk to with only 10k miles on them. Same problem with the inserts. Total Junk. I called them and they told me to go buy spray paint. Is this company not aware that we can review there products online or do they not care. When I replace my control arms I won't buy anything from Rock Krawler again.

deezus

I haven't had any of those issues on mine. I did have a slight contact with rear sway bar arm bolts but not to the point of shearing off. I do think that mid arm is a marketing term.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom