Hot Springs orv park

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
so gonna head up there this weekend ... will be heading out from tyler tx. at around 7 am fri morning .. anyone wants to meet up there let know ... i know kinda last minute but such is my life ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rayford85

so gonna head up there this weekend ... will be heading out from tyler tx. at around 7 am fri morning .. anyone wants to meet up there let know ... i know kinda last minute but such is my life ....

Hey me and a friend from work will be coming Saturday morning we'll meet up with you. The Arkansas crawlers club is putting on a new guys run all day so should be a good time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Nice! Would love to go, but on shift at my part time dept tomorrow. Have fun! Take a lot of pics!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
ya I plan to do a few pics Nate but also know I will be doing the driving and going solo so your gonna have to forgive me if I don't get that flex shot of my tires rubbin up in the fenders and busting em loose :brows::cheesy::cheesy: ohh and umm enjoy work .. I wound up getting lucky and that coworker just got bruised up so days off didn't shift around .... ... and don't worry vacation comin up next month on the 13th and I'm already tryin to get somethin planned out

Hey me and a friend from work will be coming Saturday morning we'll meet up with you. The Arkansas crawlers club is putting on a new guys run all day so should be a good time.

sounds good I should be somewhere around for sure as I plan to camp till Sunday afternoon ...... sounds good for sure see ya's there

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
man, you're lucky you're only roughly 4 hrs from there. it's close to a 7 hr trip for us down here :grayno:

was lookin at wolfs caves then got to lookin at here and its like almost 2 hours closer for me to go here versus there so I figure why not may wind up making a reg sort of thing for my off wknds .. have to see how much I like it versus hidden falls

was lookin at wolfs caves then got to lookin at here and its like almost 2 hours closer for me to go here versus there so I figure why not may wind up making a reg sort of thing for my off wknds .. have to see how much I like it versus hidden falls

yea totally makes sense. try to take a bunch of pics of the terrain there. i'm curious to see what it's like...i think they do a jeep jamboree there every year too.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
yea totally makes sense. try to take a bunch of pics of the terrain there. i'm curious to see what it's like...i think they do a jeep jamboree there every year too.

plan to take as much as I can when I think about it either way I got the virb which will be going the whole time I'm out on a trial ... notice there is a couple honor badge trails to so may try to hit up at least one or two of those while there with regards to what my rig can an cant do .... you outta just load up and come up and talk a few of the others into it while your at it lol ....

Right Rudder

Feel like an idiot that I missed this until now. I was up there today and ran four fingers/ultimate adventure and some other lower level stuff since it was newbie run. I only live an ~hour away so most weekends It'll be an easy drive down day-of for me.

@ rock composition: My 2.5" spacer lift on a JKUR and full underbelly armor on 35's scrapes along with smart driving on 4-rated trails but their 5's require buggies to winch at times so you get a pretty nasty spectrum to choose from. I hate mud and rarely encounter it there but wet rocks are the norm so some significant tire slippage. Mostly tight,wooded trails but some rock gardens that make the big boys pleased to show off. Lots of options for everyone. There is a reason the park hosted several Ultra 4 races the past few years.

I was busy driving but might be able to get some pics from my co-driver/other folks we had along.

Last edited:

Rayford85

Feel like an idiot that I missed this until now. I was up there today and ran four fingers/ultimate adventure and some other lower level stuff since it was newbie run. I only live an ~hour away so most weekends It'll be an easy drive down day-of for me.

@ rock composition: My 2.5" spacer lift on a JKUR and full underbelly armor on 35's scrapes along with smart driving on 4-rated trails but their 5's require buggies to winch at times so you get a pretty nasty spectrum to choose from. I hate mud and rarely encounter it there but wet rocks are the norm so some significant tire slippage. Mostly tight,wooded trails but some rock gardens that make the big boys pleased to show off. Lots of options for everyone. There is a reason the park hosted several Ultra 4 races the past few years.

I was busy driving but might be able to get some pics from my co-driver/other folks we had along.
Hey, we had a great time as well. Other than that xj that broke it's shaft on that 4 diamond section, everything went smoothly. I couldn't believe that bone stock blackbear 2dr. Made it thru those rock garden's with barely any help.

Oreo

Last summer I went to Hot Springs. Rubicon Ridge is one of my favorite trails there. It's not very challenging but the scenery is great.

Last edited:

Eezybreezy08

I love that park myself and it will be the first park I go back to once I get my front axle fixed. It's a beautiful place and I live about 3 hours from there. Maybe we can all get together sometime up there. I went with bambam there last year. We had a good time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
was a good trip indeed took a few shots with my phone.... slipped while holding my camera on can opener an whacked the mirrors outta whack so didnt get to many with it .. 20170407_191730.jpg had a nice little campsite area .. stream right alongside several of the sites and a cossing to get into them .. 20170408_131132.jpg flexin .. 20170408_101136.jpg admiring the views 20170408_100248.jpg 20170408_153301.jpg 20170408_105912.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Nice pics! place looks like a lot of dirt? is it pretty comparable to barnwell?

sorry about your camera, hopefully that doesnt set you back to far. We always worry about that with the camera on the trials

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Nice pics! place looks like a lot of dirt? is it pretty comparable to barnwell?

sorry about your camera, hopefully that doesnt set you back to far. We always worry about that with the camera on the trials

na wont set me back much just be a month or two before I got it budgeted to go for the fix ... after all I go off every time I'm off work so most of my budget goes that direction and I refuse to not go just to get it fixed sooner .. after all if I am sittin home on days off work I'm not happy .. ............. not having been to barnwell I cant say one way or the other odd that being only a hour away from me I haven't been to it .. go figure ..... I stuck to mostly 3 diamond trails did do a 4 called can opener and part of a 5 called slammer and had to work my way through it not having lockers and wound up winching out onto a bypass portion before It got more than my rig was set up for ........... started grabbing a few stills from the video's so without further ado .. here ya are a few from can opener and the last is a lead in view of slammer that I did.. the big flattop rock on the left side in the distance you see is where I wound up winching out VIRB0191-2_Moment(2).jpg VIRB0191-2_Moment(3).jpg VIRB0191-2_Moment(4).jpg VIRB0191-2_Moment(5).jpg VIRB0191-2_Moment(6).jpg VIRB0191-2_Moment.jpg VIRB0191-3_Moment(2).jpg

Top Bottom