Headlights

jamesrw30

Both JW Speaker and Truck-Lite have LED headlights for a XJ. I think Truck-Lite's look better, personal opinion. I'm not sure on the prices of any of them.

TomDabb

Truck lites are a great improvement over OEM. I've had them on over a year. It would be better if the factory mounts allowed some kind of adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2011jk

Do you want Hids or LED's big difference...Hids best possible headlights and you could get a halo led if wanted.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I've been running hids for over 5 years without issues With an expected lifespan of 3,000 hours (about 90,000 miles for the average driver don't see it as a issue.
WOW....I didn't think you could get that many hours out of them! That's awesome. Well I know what I'm going to be upgrading to then! I know a HIDs are definitely the brightest you can get but just knew they were really expensive to replace....But with that life expectancy I'd definitely say that's worth the money.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CedarRaider

The bulbs are pretty cheap 20-60 each. It's the projector housing that's expensive. Mine are going on 3 years now and are great. Don't just put them in the stock housing you will blind everyone on the road.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Only issue with HIDs is the glare is HORRIBLE to oncoming drivers. Plus they don't really allow too much more usable light, at least in my opinion. Check out truck lites. They are AMAZING and the high beams are literally like day time. Best bang for your buck as far as headlights goes. I wouldn't waste money on HIDs

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Agreed - Trucklights are Big Bang for the buck. I wish there was an adjustment to better align them - Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can only adjust lights in JK grilles UP or DOWN no side to side.
When I installed my trucklights I brought them way down so I am not blinding the shit out of people. My jeep sits pretty high btw.

duktrx

Truck lites with the horizontal adjustment screw are the way to go. The added $10 for two screws are worth it when you have the front taken apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom