Good deal?

You should throw out a wave and introduce yourself before digging right into business! On the deal, I'm not sure if it's a good one or not really. I'm not a big fan of the idea of buying a fully built jeep, unless I know the seller personally, or it's built by EVO lol

GraniteCrystal

Welcome to WAL.

Personally, I wouldn't bite. You're going to end up having issues running 40s on stock axles I think, the suspension is nothing special (Rubicon Express), it's an 08 and out of warranty, it has the old 3.8L engine, etc.

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome to WAL.

Personally, I wouldn't bite. You're going to end up having issues running 40s on stock axles I think, the suspension is nothing special (Rubicon Express), it's an 08 and out of warranty, it has the old 3.8L engine, etc.

Copy that. No point to get 2008, stock axels and pay 30K for it. Get something basic and build it yourself the way you want it.This is what i would do.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL.

Agreed. For your budget I would get as low a mileage 2012 + basic Wrangler and upgrade with new stuff.

Drawls

You should throw out a wave and introduce yourself before digging right into business! On the deal, I'm not sure if it's a good one or not really. I'm not a big fan of the idea of buying a fully built jeep, unless I know the seller personally, or it's built by EVO lol

I apologize for not doing a intro wave post.
Wave from southern Oregon. Sold my sxs' S and looking for a 4dr jk.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup especially with the old 3.8 and 40's you will hate your MPG and how sluggish it will drive. Like most have said get a low mileage stock with a 3.6 and then build it exactly how you want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidc128

Agreed. For your budget I would get as low a mileage 2012 + basic Wrangler and upgrade with new stuff.
Agree!^^^ i picked up a bone stock 12 sport with 20k miles last year for 23k but thats a 2dr... search the bigger cities typically fewer miles and less trail damage in big cities

desertrunner

the red flags that pop up to me are 5.58 gears?? sleeves and gussets on stock axles with 40s thats just asking for trouble

small detail i know but its also listed as a 5 speed manual tranny which doesnt exist so makes me think they dont know what the hell they are doing

another vote to pass and find a low miles stock 12+ which is exactly what I did (12 2 dr sport 40k miles pavement queen 6 speed for $20k) which would leave you 10G to do your own mods which can get you pretty dang far

OverKill

The deals are out there, just have to look high and low. I really wanted a 2010 mountain, took 2 years and 250 miles 1 way, talked him into meeting 1/2 way, 90,000 miles, serviced at dealership, never been off road (roll underneath not a scratch), new 275/70/17 tires; a total pavement prince, for less than $19,000, retailed for over $25,000 in Jan when I bought it

Top Bottom