Prorock 60/60 Hardcore Package Install Questions

Buster3479

My 60/60 Hardcore package arrived this week and I'm bolting the front on this morning. These axles are industrial works of art, and my wife and I can't wait to get them on a trail. I went against the grain and ordered mine 5x5.5 to fit wheels we love, and with ARB and 5.13 for 37's. Obligatory shiny picture below.

I have a few questions that aren't Dynatrac specific, though please move this post to that sub-forum if a mod thinks it fit's there best.

1. Passenger side wheel speed sensor - Which*way is the*wheel speed*sensor supposed to face, mounting hole toward front or rear of Jeep?* If I mount it in the way I'd expect (with the little holes in the sensor facing the tone ring and the mounting hole facing rear), the wire exits outboard and rubs against the brake rotor.* If I flip it around the other way as pictured with the mounting hole toward the front of the Jeep, it clears the rotor but I don't know if the sensor will function that way.* Do I need a driver's side specific wheel speed sensor?*

2. Wheel speed sensor wire routing - after mounting in the tone ring adapters,*how are the wires normally routed?* Up and over the steering arm, or tucked through somewhere?

3. Brake lines -* Do people normally route these in front or rear of the shock shaft?* If I route it in front, it follows the ABS wire and can be zip-tied to the spring.

See attached pictures for better reference.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_5952.jpg
    IMG_5952.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_5954.jpg
    IMG_5954.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I hope this will help you in regards to the speed sensor question but not sure if it's the same. This is on a ProRock 44. You can see where the sensor comes up between the backing plate and the knuckle. And it doesn't touch my rotor at all. As far as a starting retainer, there is one built in on the upper ball joint. Your OEM knuckle may also have this. Sensor should be compatible for either side, same part #.

DSC04932.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04936.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
My 60/60 Hardcore package arrived this week and I'm bolting the front on this morning. These axles are industrial works of art, and my wife and I can't wait to get them on a trail. I went against the grain and ordered mine 5x5.5 to fit wheels we love, and with ARB and 5.13 for 37's. Obligatory shiny picture below.

I have a few questions that aren't Dynatrac specific, though please move this post to that sub-forum if a mod thinks it fit's there best.

1. Driver's side wheel speed sensor - Which*way is the*wheel speed*sensor supposed to face, mounting hole toward front or rear of Jeep?* If I mount it in the way I'd expect (with the little holes in the sensor facing the tone ring and the mounting hole facing rear), the wire exits outboard and rubs against the brake rotor.* If I flip it around the other way as pictured with the mounting hole toward the front of the Jeep, it clears the rotor but I don't know if the sensor will function that way.* Do I need a driver's side specific wheel speed sensor?*

2. Wheel speed sensor wire routing - after mounting in the tone ring adapters,*how are the wires normally routed?* Up and over the steering arm, or tucked through somewhere?

3. Brake lines -* Do people normally route these in front or rear of the shock shaft?* If I route it in front, it follows the ABS wire and can be zip-tied to the spring.

See attached pictures for better reference.

Thank you!

Congrats on the axles! while I do not have 60s, I am hoping I can help you

1) the bend in the wire coming out of the speed sensor should go towards the axle (NOT brake rotor) on the front side of the axle (on a 44 anyway) IIRC there is a specific driver side and passenger side sensor. could be wrong on that though.

2) pass the harness through the knuckle (towards the rear) above the u joint, then follow the brake line up behind the shock.

3) I would run the brake line and sensor harness behind the shock (not in between the shock and spring) but some people do like to run the lines between the two and zip tie it to the spring. Ive never seen anyone have an issue either way. I just think behind the shock is cleaner and is less likely to get bound up under flex

Hope that is helpful! :beer:

Buster3479

Thanks for the responses! I edited the original post to specify passenger, not driver's side. I actually replaced a PR44 with a PR60 front, and noticed that the sensors are flipped (mounting hole front on passenger side, and mounting hole rear on driver's side) on the PR44 front I removed. This would tend to match the orientation on my new PR60, and put the wires exiting inboard on both sides.

I'm still going to have to route the wires and brake lines differently than I did on my PR44, and am looking for suggestions on it. I think it's a mounter's choice type scenario based on what lift you're using (EVO 4" springs, EVO lowers, stock uppers, and Bilstein 5160s for now in my case).

Anyone running a PR60 front with coils and shocks (not coilovers) that could show me how they routed their brake and abs lines? I'm sure someone had a more elegant solution to my plan of routing them in between and zip tying them to a coil.

It took about 11 weeks from order to arrival. The axles seem worth the wait, but I wish I was given a more accurate timeline up front. We've missed a few trips including the April 1st Rausch run, a Rausch run we had planned this weekend, and are in danger of missing another to Windrock due to the delay at the end of the month.

Thanks again, all this stuff will be tested on the great Texas Exodus (leaving from Maryland in my wife and my case)!

Last edited:

Buster3479

View attachment 252238

This is how I ran my brake line and abs line. Behind the shock and every thick rubber piece in the abs I zip tied the brake line to it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That looks pretty clean. I have a bent tube in my factory lines where they attach at the frame that points the lines forward. If if picked up some SS lines without the tube bend, I bet I could do that. The thing is, even at full droop, I have plenty of line with the stockers. I bought SS rear to eliminate the drop brackets I've been running. Hopefully I'm tacking that tonight!

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I haven't had any problems having them loose. First trip I did with them zip tied to the spring the zip tie broke. Also was too worried of them rotating and getting pinched by the spring.

Buster3479

Sorry tgoss. It was 11 weeks and 6 days (basically 12 weeks) order to arrival.

While you're waiting, I can give you a list of stuff I wasn't prepared for in case you need to pick them up to be ready for your install. You'll need a regular draglink end, not a high steer RHD. Bumpstop holes are in the center of pads, and are 1/2-13 thread, I didn't have bumpstops that will fit, but they should be here today. Cycling the suspension yesterday it looked like I need 4" extensions for 4" plush rides, even with the 60. I added EVO king bumps, not sure if that will change it.

Last edited:

tgoss

Sorry tgoss. It was 11 weeks and 6 days (basically 12 weeks) order to arrival.

While you're waiting, I can give you a list of stuff I wasn't prepared for in case you need to pick them up to be ready for your install. You'll need a regular draglink end, not a high steer RHD. Bumpstop holes are in the center of pads, and are 1/2-13 thread, I didn't have bumpstops that will fit, but they should be here today. Cycling the suspension yesterday it looked like I need 4" extensions for 4" plush rides, even with the 60. I added EVO king bumps, not sure if that will change it.

It's all good, I'm not in any rush but the sooner the better.

Thanks for the list, I'll be doing Evo's D60 High Steer and Double throwdown so I think I have everything covered up front. I wish they would have just made my set without bracketry for suspension.... Makes absolutely no sense but whatever.

Hope you like everything when it's all put together! I'm glad the quality is up to par but like us coming from other dynatrac axles it's pretty impossible to see myself running anything else, at least under this Jeep.

Buster3479

It's all good, I'm not in any rush but the sooner the better.

Thanks for the list, I'll be doing Evo's D60 High Steer and Double throwdown so I think I have everything covered up front. I wish they would have just made my set without bracketry for suspension.... Makes absolutely no sense but whatever.

Hope you like everything when it's all put together! I'm glad the quality is up to par but like us coming from other dynatrac axles it's pretty impossible to see myself running anything else, at least under this Jeep.

You're welcome, if I run into anything else, I'll post it up. I'm sure mounting PR60s is old hat for a lot of folks, but it's new to me and I'm learning as I go. I completely agree, it was going to be Dynatrac or nothing.

My wife and I are heading out to Cali (Rubicon), then to the Great Texas Exodus (Moab/Ouray) this fall. We're considering dropping the Jeep off at ORE and getting a high clearance long arm kit burned on if they'll do it in a timeline and price we can afford (few days of rental car to go to Yosemite or something perhaps). I live on the East Coast, so I'm sticking with regular shocks and springs for now. Someone posted their coilovers after one winter's salt, and I died a little inside seeing the pictures.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
You're welcome, if I run into anything else, I'll post it up. I'm sure mounting PR60s is old hat for a lot of folks, but it's new to me and I'm learning as I go. I completely agree, it was going to be Dynatrac or nothing.

My wife and I are heading out to Cali (Rubicon), then to the Great Texas Exodus (Moab/Ouray) this fall. We're considering dropping the Jeep off at ORE and getting a high clearance long arm kit burned on if they'll do it in a timeline and price we can afford (few days of rental car to go to Yosemite or something perhaps). I live on the East Coast, so I'm sticking with regular shocks and springs for now. Someone posted their coilovers after one winter's salt, and I died a little inside seeing the pictures.

If you're planning on the high clearance arms and keeping coils and shocks you'll have to figure out a new shock mount. The high clearance lower CA mount removes the factory shock mount. Just FYI in case you were unaware.

tgoss

If you're planning on the high clearance arms and keeping coils and shocks you'll have to figure out a new shock mount. The high clearance lower CA mount removes the factory shock mount. Just FYI in case you were unaware.

That's easily something ORE can fab while there.

The Cock Father

Anything else you may add? I'm anxiously waiting on my set and would love to have as much insight as possible so my install goes smoothly.

Thanks

Top Bottom