driveshaft leak, what do i replace

WJCO

Meme King
Your profile says that you have a 4 inch lift. If that's the case, a new driveshaft with a Rzeppa style joint like the one in your picture will fail again. You need to upgrade your driveshaft to one with a Ujoint (double cardin). You can replace that Rzeppa joint over and over and it will fail again and again based on your lift height.

Journeyman

Thats exactly what mine looks like right now. Ill probably just pull mine soon and just run two wheel drive until all my new parts come in. I figured mine was done, but its good to know for sure.

Andy5160

Hooked
Time for a new DS brother. Get something that will last even if it cost more. Adams, Reel, Tom woods.
1350 is the only option I will consider.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I warranted two front cv driveshafts that looked just like yours before I broke down and replaced with Adams 1350 front in rear. Domino affect, one mod leads to the next.

2015 JKUR AEV

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok thanks guys so adams 1350, can i do the front only and leave the back stock, wait till it goes too.

You can wait but it will go too and sooner than later.

Also, regarding shafts, you could always get one made from a local drive line shop. Cost would be about the same and you'll be using them for servicing in the future.

On a final note, I would NOT recommend Tom Woods unless you pay to have the u-joints upgraded to Neapco or Spicer. The Chinese made gold seal joints he uses standard are junk.

Top Bottom