2 weeks and $2000 later...

Mark85383

Have had my Rubicon for 2 weeks, put a couple grand into it and from the outside you'd never know. Being my daily driver I wanted to have something I enjoyed driving. So far I put in a Kenwood ddx9703 head unit, an underseat Kenwood KSC sw11 powered sub and replaced all of the speakers with the Kickers and tweeters. 4 chanel amp coming soon. Next Hotheads headliners as it won't be long for temps in the 110s in The Sonoran desert. Wild Boar grab bars front and rear, Rugged Ridge vent shades. The only 3xterior mod so far was a Mopar gas door to replace that ugly hole in the quarter panel. Now my thought is a 1 inch teraflex leveling kit just spacers and bring he tires out with wheel spacers which I've already purchased. I have been on some serious trails north of me, it's only a 15 minute drive and found the stock configuration quite capable. I'm not new to the desert. Had a fully race setup TRX700XX with over 3 grand worth of shocks and other suspension parts, FMF header and 4.1 and so on. Super fast desert racer which I rode the hell out of. When I sold it the buyer rode it twice and sold it because it was too fast. Just saying. I know how to navigate the desert. I will do a 2 1/2 inch lift with Fox shocks and 35s for the clearance and front bumper for better approach angle but not until I get my moneys worth out of the Rubicon tires and suspension. I wonder how many people who immediately trash the oem Rubicon parts really know it's capability. How many are posers or just naive enough for a salesman to talk them into 5 grand worth of wheels, tires and lift? Personally i choose function over form and so far zero problems. 20170404_121413.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

quertyman

That's a beautiful colored jeep, looks great. Get used to going a little bit slower and let the mods begin! :rock:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
They are pretty capable, in stock configuration. I drug my differential too much, on the stock tires though. They can use the extra clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedSheep

what he said .... stock might be fine for flat/smooth-ish area's but throw in a bunch of nice sized rocks and the belly starts dragging real fast.

JeepJeep75

These jeeps are definitely capable stock. They will drag themselves over a surprising amount of crap. Big rocks though, that's where the real fun starts!!! [emoji2][emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Nice jeep. I did some immediate upgrades on mine too but mine was for capability.

You're absolutely right that they are very capable stock. I went to 35s and a leveling kit. And a winch on the front. I'm done now. It will go every place that I need it to go.

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Now my thought is a 1 inch teraflex leveling kit just spacers and bring he tires out with wheel spacers which I've already purchased.

I wonder how many people who immediately trash the oem Rubicon parts really know it's capability. How many are posers or just naive enough for a salesman to talk them into 5 grand worth of wheels, tires and lift? Personally i choose function over form and so far zero problems.

Why do you want to put added stress on stock axles when you don't need to? Just curious what added function the wheel spacers will add with stock wheels and tires?

Mark85383

Why do you want to put added stress on stock axles when you don't need to? Just curious what added function the wheel spacers will add with stock wheels and tires?
Lol. That's why they're still in the box. After the trails I did yesterday I'm not sure it's a good idea but I've also read it won't harm anything. Could use some more expert advice. I'll do a search. Maybe ask on the tech forum. For now they stay off but if I add bigger tires I really want to keep oem wheels and I know they'll rub. I'm going out now and will post some action shots.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Lol. That's why they're still in the box. After the trails I did yesterday I'm not sure it's a good idea but I've also read it won't harm anything. Could use some more expert advice. I'll do a search. Maybe ask on the tech forum. For now they stay off but if I add bigger tires I really want to keep oem wheels and I know they'll rub. I'm going out now and will post some action shots.

If you want to run 35s on OEM wheels, you'll most likely need the spacers. I personally wouldn't recommend anything over 1.5" spacers, IF any at all. You're better off just buying new wheels with proper offset.

Top Bottom