Swapping 17 Rubicon Hardrock Suspension on a 08 Wrangler X

lowkeyclay

Hi there,

I just got a super deal on take off suspension parts from a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon Hardrock. Not sure if Hardrock makes any difference, but might as well make note.

I am looking to put as much of this on my 2008 Wrangler x. I bought my sweet baby used with 100k miles and I want to give her some fresh legs to stand on. I know you guys might think this is Busch league but I paid 50 bucks for everything and the box it came in is probably worth 50 bucks.

I have the:

-shocks
-springs
-control arms
-track bar
-drive shaft
-steering damper/stabilizer
And some other parts including bushings and washers and some little link like parts idk what they are.

Can I use all of his for my jeep? I don't think I can use the driveshaft but I'm not sure. Any tips or advice would be great.

IMG_1857.jpg

Last edited:

lowkeyclay

I heard the same. Also heard that there are different springs in the JKU cause of tow packages. There's some number list for the shocks somewhere. That's what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Everything will swap over just fine. Only question mark is the front driveshaft.

Yes you will see some lift out of the springs. If your 08 is a jku as well then the lift you see will be minimal at best. Mainly the lift will come just from newer stiffer springs being installed over your older and worn out springs.

Top Bottom