Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Caught the Bug cgar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68

    Painting advice on factory fender flares

    Just wanted your opinion on painting factory fender flares. Mine are started to fade and I would like to keep them black but not sure what paint to use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Illinois, Chicago
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by cgar32 View Post
    Just wanted your opinion on painting factory fender flares. Mine are started to fade and I would like to keep them black but not sure what paint to use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Try this, lay in on thick
    IMG_4317.JPG

  3. #3
    Caught the Bug cgar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Try this, lay in on thick
    IMG_4317.JPG
    I have tried that before and it looks good for a couple of weeks..... I also tried the heat gun trick which made em even worse. I'm too cheap to buy new ones and I plan on cutting these up into flat fenders.

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Illinois, Chicago
    Posts
    1,260

    Painting advice on factory fender flares

    Quote Originally Posted by cgar32 View Post
    I have tried that before and it looks good for a couple of weeks..... I also tried the heat gun trick which made em even worse. I'm too cheap to buy new ones and I plan on cutting these up into flat fenders.
    If you want to paint, I suggest Aev spray paint. You get nice lightly textured finish. I use it all the time. It's a little pricy for a spray can though.
    IMG_4318.JPG
    Last edited by VeruGE*144; 04-13-2017 at 01:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Caught the Bug cgar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    If you want to paint, I suggest Aev spray paint. You get nice lightly textured finish. I use it all the time. It's a little pricy for a spray can though.
    IMG_4318.JPG
    I was hoping I could go to homo depot and maybe pick something up.... Like I said I am cheap! lol

  6. #6
    Old Timer DWiggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by cgar32 View Post
    I was hoping I could go to homo depot and maybe pick something up.... Like I said I am cheap! lol
    so go to homedepot and pick up some paint?

  7. #7
    Caught the Bug cgar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    so go to homedepot and pick up some paint?
    So I guess the next question would be paint for plastic or just regular auto paint?

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by cgar32 View Post
    So I guess the next question would be paint for plastic or just regular auto paint?
    You would need a paint for plastic if you use auto paint you have to prep the plastic with another product for it to adhere right


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  9. #9
    Caught the Bug cgar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    You would need a paint for plastic if you use auto paint you have to prep the plastic with another product for it to adhere right


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thank you very much for the advice!

  10. #10
    Old Timer DWiggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by cgar32 View Post
    So I guess the next question would be paint for plastic or just regular auto paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    You would need a paint for plastic if you use auto paint you have to prep the plastic with another product for it to adhere right


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I would also think paint for plastic, because the fenders are going to flex, and if the paint is too hard, it will crack and flake rather than moving with the fender

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •