Sway Bar Link

RK-JK2014

Okay, wondering what you guys think about this sway bar link. I am getting a distinct "clunk" noise when I turn (right) into a gutter or even a drive way. It only happens when I'm going slow. Actually the slower I go the louder it is. After crawling under the jeep I found that my passenger side sway bar bushing seems to be blown. I can not find anything else that appears to be loose or broken.

Left 1.JPG Left 2.JPG Left 3.JPG

Here is what the drivers side sway bar looks like.

Right 1.JPG RIght 2.JPG Right 3.JPG

Obviously there is a bid difference. Would it be easy to just replace the bushing or would I have to replace the whole link? Sorry for the novice question, but I'm looking to learn from your experience here. Thanks!

Oreo

The bushings on the driver's side are looking worn. Passenger side looks okay. Unless you can purchase a bushing rebuilt kit from whatever brand those are (rough country), you probably need to buy new links.

Last edited:

Oreo

Thanks! The first pictures are of the passenger side. I think it's that side that is worn...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I couldn't tell which side was which but the bushings shown in the first few pictures are definitely worn. I'd just go ahead and replace the links because one of them looks damaged.

Top Bottom