I NEED HELP (jku) I messed up off roading

New_Jeeper

I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Kind you my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
My first question is..... is it really bad ??
Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. The whole kit and kaboodle? And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going again IMG_6552.jpg IMG_6553.jpg IMG_6555.jpg IMG_6554.jpg or just about can you share the link with me ??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

New_Jeeper

My jk drivers side suspension is busted

I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Mind IMG_6552.jpg IMG_6553.jpg IMG_6554.jpg IMG_6555.jpg you my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going again or just about can you share the link with me ??

Well I'm no expert but I'd have to say your tie rod is bent but could be bent back, the drag link looks unfixable, the coil purches look bent and also the shock mounts seem are broke off too... also if your axle is bent you need a new one... there's probably more we can't see it looks pretty bad...

GraniteCrystal

Dang. Need drag link, tie rod, shocks...I don't even see your springs.

I'd start by not letting him drive again.

A standard lift kit with drag link flip will have all that. It won't be $600. If you want to get up and going cheap, jump on Craigslist and FB right now and find someone that has a Rubicon and just put a lift on. You'll need all 4 springs (unless yours is a Rubi, in which case you can just replace the broken ones), shocks (they should be red), drag link, and track bar too if they have it (can't tell if yours is damaged or not).

This is to day nothing of ball joints. When you jack up a wheel, is there play in it when you push on it?

GraniteCrystal

Looks like your wheel is jacked up too. Again, Craigslist and FB are your friends. If those aren't anything special, you can usually find a set of 5 takeoffs from a Sport for around $200

GraniteCrystal

And what's hanging down to the ground in the 3rd pic?

Your bill is getting pretty large at this point.

May also want to take some measurements of the frame and see if that got twisted at all.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Kind you my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. The whole kit and kaboodle? And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going again View attachment 253248 View attachment 253249 View attachment 253250 View attachment 253251 or just about can you share the link with me ??

Welcome to WAL. Stop by and give us a wave. As for your...umm....predicament....it's hard to tell what all is broken. Tie rod and drag link for sure need replaced. Looks like your mounts are jacked on the axle and it's very possible the axle could be bent. It also looks like your axle is heavily rotated forward so I'm assuming either your control arms and/or mounts are broke. Your springs are probably okay but I can't see them, do you even still have them? The only way you're getting that thing back together for 800 is getting all take off parts and that's only if you can pick up another 30 for super cheap. Post some pictures of the axle from the pinion side so we can see the control arm mounts and driveshaft.

jkrichard

Holy shit.... not enough clearance and doing highway speed? That's going to need some serious help.

I hope you took your friend's shoes away before you tied him to the bumper to pull you home.

JMac79

Might have to find new friends...Holy crap. Maybe he was trying to one up that Raptor in that video someone posted the other day. Look for stock components (used) or time to upgrade. Check ball joints, new shocks. Just be thorough the first time.

Holy shit man. Are you sure you didn't rear end a civic going 60 mph? Seriously though, what everyone has mentioned above looks right. Good luck and don't let that friend drive your rig again, ever again lol

JeepJeep75

I'd say you're in way over your head on this dude. Get some friends quick that know how to work on jeeps. Or get your insurance company involved. Unless you can weld, and have access to a press, you're not gonna get that jeep back on the road for $600-800. As others have said, maybe you can scrape up a bunch of take-off parts. Start with never letting your friend anywhere near anything you might care about. Sheesh! What a mess!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Can also see the front driveline separated in the first picture [emoji23][emoji23] OP needs a new credit card with a high limit for this project

Yep sure enough, I see that now too. He can get all the stock stuff off CL or something fairly cheap. Hell I gave my takeoff springs and shocks away on here for a case of beer. For another case of beer he can have my old control arms. If it were me though I'd use the opportunity to upgrade and get outta that 30 but from the sounds of it he's on a tight budget. And of course, I'd kick that friend right square in the dick before all that.

WJCO

Meme King
Call insurance. Also looks like your pumpkin is twisted forward. Either control arm, broken bracket, or twisted tube. Does your friend drive a Ford Raptor?

black pearl

Hooked
The more I look at it the more it doesn't look like it just happened to much rust and no shiny metal like the sway bar end if there was a link on that it wouldn't be completely rusted same with the spring perch no fresh scratches in all that rust seems unlikely....

Top Bottom