I hate winter because of this

RockyJk

I used to like winter until i got my jeep now i just want warm weather to come so i can take my doors and top off lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

RamP

Yeah I get sick of winter pretty much the day after Christmas here in the northeast.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't miss that. I was sailing a few days ago with a buddy down here in South Carolina.:thumb:

13JKUR

I try to wash it consistently too. We're actually supposed to get another 5" of snow tonight but I still washed all that crap off today

Prime8

Wax...lots of wax!

Will that keep salt from sticking? Is there anything to keep the salt from sticking to the paint? I coated the underside in WD-40, and that works pretty damn well for salt and mud, but don't want to spray down the paint in that!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Will that keep salt from sticking? Is there anything to keep the salt from sticking to the paint? I coated the underside in WD-40, and that works pretty damn well for salt and mud, but don't want to spray down the paint in that!

I don't know. They don't use salt here so I can't say for sure. But it should protect your paint and make washing the grime off much easier. I try to build up coats of wax going into winter. 👍

Edit: they use a brine here of salt, but not just chunks of salt. So we get than same white washed appearance.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Nothing will keep it from sticking but if you have lots of wax it will make washing it easier. It should just "slide" right off the car and not try and stick. Worked well in upstate NY where they use a lot of salt on the roads.

Prime8

Ok, thanks guys. Too late for this winter, but I'll add that to the pre winter to-do list with the WD-40 spray down.

Holeshot

Banned
Man I'm in the same boat as you!! Saturday I took the jeep in the shop for a defrost & clean, It was in showroom condition when it came out of the shop. Sunday I had to do a 2hrs trip to my dad's place and it ended up with salt everywhere :icon_crazy: I'm very pissed off with winter, think about moving somewhere warmer in winter :thinking: Socal maybe? :rock:

Top Bottom