Air bag recall completed but...

TGPJKUR

Well as soon as I sat down I could tell the dash was not put back together properly. Dash pad is all loose and the radio bezel won't seat properly on the passenger side. I hated having to bring it in for this as my Ram interior was almost completely gutted to do an airbag recall and had similar issues when I got it back. Now I sit and wait, with no beginning of happy hour in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Learo2000GT

I googled it and see it's a recall. I long wait to get it done? I would take it back to get fixed right or u will battle those rattles and it will drive u nuts and burn up your time later to fix.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Well as soon as I sat down I could tell the dash was not put back together properly. Dash pad is all loose and the radio bezel won't seat properly on the passenger side. I hated having to bring it in for this as my Ram interior was almost completely gutted to do an airbag recall and had similar issues when I got it back. Now I sit and wait, with no beginning of happy hour in sight.

Yea, this is what I'm afraid of. That really sucks that they did such s crappy job putting it back together. Makes me not want to get mine done but I know it's better than risking an incident.

TGPJKUR

I was surprised to learn the replacement airbags were in Stock. I received the recall notice early last year with no availability in sight even after an inquiry a few months ago. A service rep is supposed to contact me this morning to make things right. I was told by one of the service department guys that they had to replace one dashboard already due to reassembly issues. I know there are competent techs working at dealerships out there but I remain un impressed with both my local Ram and Jeep dealerships.

Learo2000GT

When u say extend warrantee u mean if I bought an extended warrantee I take it or is it covered under 10 years because it's considered safety equipment. Guess I should read my warrantee closer. It is on constantly. It also corresponds with weird blinker issues and tail light issue but I think that may be related to LED resistor issue or totally different issue. Thanks so much. Going to look closer at my warrantee.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When u say extend warrantee u mean if I bought an extended warrantee I take it or is it covered under 10 years because it's considered safety equipment. Guess I should read my warrantee closer. It is on constantly. It also corresponds with weird blinker issues and tail light issue but I think that may be related to LED resistor issue or totally different issue. Thanks so much. Going to look closer at my warrantee.

Has nothing to do with the warranty you bought. Every jeep that fits the mold has it warrantied (aka replaced) up to 10yrs/150,000 miles.

JAGS

Hooked
Not to tangent, but anybody gotten the airbag recall done that also had a cage?? If they have to take apart the dash, curious if any issues??

Oreo

I've got to get mine done too. I don't have a cage but I'll let you guys know if they screw up my dash.

Oreo

Yeah. I called in August to try and get all the recall work done but they said they wouldn't have the parts until January. Called again a couple weeks ago and they still said they are on limited availability.

TGPJKUR

Not to tangent, but anybody gotten the airbag recall done that also had a cage?? If they have to take apart the dash, curious if any issues??

I am assuming they have to take the upper dash panel off or at least pop it loose, otherwise what I am complaining about to the dealer was pre existing and I just never noticed it. I did a quick search to find the repair procedure but did not find one.

Learo2000GT

So I looked into this a bit more and I am a bit confused on covered years. Mine is a 13 and I put my vin into the mopar sight and no recalls came up. So is it only up to 13s? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Got my recall done today. I was in for service and they had all the parts. And apparently, they just go through the glove box so no issue for those with a cage dash bar. [emoji106]

Top Bottom