How I can get involved.

RickD03

Hey everyone, Wave again from Washington state!

So I've been on here for a few weeks now, and have been really trying to figure how I could contribute. I'm very new to jeeps and really just reading as much as I can to learn.
I would not be so bold as to try to give any advice or even opinion in that arena.
I was thinking, that I DO however have a mountain of experience in another area of my life that could be helpful to this community. I'm a plumber, with about 20 years of experience, so if there's any way I can help any of you, please let me know, I'd be happy to give advice, or walk you through a project or anything of that nature. (to be clear, I'm NOT IN ANY WAY looking for work or side work or to profit in any way or anything like that, AT ALL!!)
I'm really just trying to contribute, and get involved, and I saw this as a way I could do that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a big difference between telling people what to do and sharing an opinion about what you think. The later is always welcome especially if you understand that others may disagree with you and you're okay with it. Of course asking questions if you have any is a great way to get involved and you can learn a lot from the folks here as well. You can always get to know people better by posting up on their builds, start your own build thread or just chit chat about what you do in the 8th Slot off topic forum.

RickD03

There's a big difference between telling people what to do and sharing an opinion about what you think. The later is always welcome especially if you understand that others may disagree with you and you're okay with it. Of course asking questions if you have any is a great way to get involved and you can learn a lot from the folks here as well. You can always get to know people better by posting up on their builds, start your own build thread or just chit chat about what you do in the 8th Slot off topic forum.

Awesome! Will do!
Thanks Eddie [emoji1360]

jesse3638

Hooked

So I've been on here for a few weeks now, and have been really trying to figure how I could contribute. I'm very new to jeeps and really just reading as much as I can to learn.
I would not be so bold as to try to give any advice or even opinion in that arena.
I was thinking, that I DO however have a mountain of experience in another area of my life that could be helpful to this community. I'm a plumber, with about 20 years of experience, so if there's any way I can help any of you, please let me know, I'd be happy to give advice, or walk you through a project or anything of that nature. (to be clear, I'm NOT IN ANY WAY looking for work or side work or to profit in any way or anything like that, AT ALL!!)
I'm really just trying to contribute, and get involved, and I saw this as a way I could do that.

Welcome to WAL. I was in the same boat as yourself when I joined. If you have questions post them up (like you did here). As mentioned realize there are always difference in opinions and you'll be just fine. BTW, I'll take you up on your offer. How do you keep the women/girls in you house from putting their hair down the drain? I've had go unclog my 3rd lav sink twice in less than a year...haha.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Welcome to WAL RickD03! I was in your boat too as a noob. Just keep reading through all the threads, comment on the funny pics, ask questions about things you might be interested in in the build threads, and post up pics of your own jeep. Having a totally stock jeep is perfectly fine. There's even a few threads showcasing stock jeeps exclusively. When my wife and I got our jeep I bought it with the lifetime warranty thinking I wasn't going to do much at all to it. Boy was I wrong about that!!!!! The mod-bug bit me, and took chunks!!! Now I can't stop with the mods, nor do I want to!
Point is, just participate. In a years time you will be in a position with your jeep you never thought about. I guarantee you that. Enjoy the forum dude!! [emoji112]

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Welcome to WAL. There's a bunch of threads you can participate in without being a jeep tech guru. Food, beer, wine, hunting, fishing, dogs, what you do for work, etc. As you learn more you'll be able to get more involved with the more technical stuff and maybe help out people that have run into the same problems you have or something.

WJCO

Meme King
There's a ton of threads to just show off your Jeep or what you like to do or modify or even future plans. Just about everyone here has a passion for Jeeps and that's what it boils down to.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

There's a ton of threads to just show off your Jeep or what you like to do or modify or even future plans. Just about everyone here has a passion for Jeeps and that's what it boils down to.

Good info there, OP. You'll eventually pick up Jeep knowledge, but this forum has a wealth of great build threads, and trail runs to browse. I started out here, telling people things like, "Nice Jeep," and things on that order. People will start to get to know you, that way. Eventually, you'll start doing things to your Jeep, and may even be able to share things you learned, while doing it.

JAGS

Hooked
I just looked and I have just over 9000 posts. I pretty much didn't know shit about jeeps when I first joined. I know just slightly more than that now. [emoji23][emoji23]

Here's the thing though. There are some great folks on the forum from all walks of life and from all over the country. Thus, we have threads about everything from Jeeps to a thread just about sunrise/sunset pics. Post whatever you are comfortable posting at first. Check out the 8th slot sub forum threads.

Most important, try not to take this place too seriously. Don't get too offended by people's posts. Have a sense of humor and a good attitude. Learn about Jeeps, because that's what we all enjoy and brings us together. Respect the rules and forum admins (or choose not to and simply find another forum).

That's my $0.02 for a member starter kit. Keep those things in mind and this will be a fun place to kill endless hours.

And most important, welcome to WAL. [emoji106][emoji41]

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I started out on here just asking questions, introducing myself and getting to know others on here. As I picked up knowledge, gained experience and ran into things building my own rigs, I found places to help others out and make suggestions. I still ask a lot of questions because even if it doesn't pertain to me, I still have a lot to learn and want to know others experiences. Also, there are plenty of other threads that you can participate in, such as sunsets, cloud pics, overland/camping gear, fishing, music etc. I'm my opinion, it's almost a better way to get to know people when we're not talking about Jeeps. Knowing a lot of us have more than Jeeps in common is a good thing IMO.
I'd say that's one of the things a lot of shit starters on here don't get. They come on, spew some bullshit or get called out, and were somehow the assholes. What they forget is that we are a well established community, many of us having met each other in person and wheeled together. Many become good friends outside of the forum as well. I'd say to become part of the community, get to know folks, participate in other threads until you feel comfortable participating in Jeep specific threads, and understand that we will sometimes have a difference in opinions. That's ok, it's the internet. Next thing you know, you'll be an old timer here lol. Welcome to the WAYALIFE family!

Top Bottom