Tube bending/Custom Fabrication

DavidDial

I have a Rogue Fabrication Tube bender with a 4.5"CLR Die to bend 1-3/4" tubing.

I've done good number of stingers and small bends, but i just stepped into bending and staying within certain tolerances (distances) between bends.

I'll have to hand it to the guys at Rogue Fab, their website has all the info you need on calculation where to clamp your tube and how to layout bend measurements to make sure that you're within your range.

I bent this stinger and grill wrap up for a customer down in Miami Florida, all that's left is the two support bars to run from the stinger to the grill wrap.

On the subject of tube bending, what's your favorite tube bender? And let's see pictures of your set up!

Do y'all prefer manual or hydraulic benders?

IMG_0599.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to Wayalife. Didn't realize we had a new vendor here. I assume you've cleared this with admin?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
2f9.jpg

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife. Didn't realize we had a new vendor here. I assume you've cleared this with admin?
Ok so I know new and I really do try to stay out of stuff but this caught my eye only because I'm building rock sliders myselfperiod period period I guess why the lashing? Not saying any one's right or wrong just curious about the vendor thing? Maybe I don't understand what all is going on here? Again not taking sides just trying to understand....

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ok so I know new and I really do try to stay out of stuff but this caught my eye only because I'm building rock sliders myselfperiod period period I guess why the lashing? Not saying any one's right or wrong just curious about the vendor thing? Maybe I don't understand what all is going on here? Again not taking sides just trying to understand....

This guy is pimping the shit out of his business with no respect to the owners, members, or vendors of the forum. If you want to build something and post a pic of it, that's awesome. What's going on here is this member is promoting his business which is a direct violation of the rules. To the best of my knowledge, he has not cleared this with Eddie or Cindy. They probably have many good reasons for their rules, but one of the obvious ones would be that it's not fair to the vendors here that DO PAY to be vendors on this site. It's also no different than someone ignoring your 'no soliciting' sign on your door at home and bugging you about what they want to sell even though you've posted for them to not do that.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
This guy is pimping the shit out of his business with no respect to the owners, members, or vendors of the forum. If you want to build something and post a pic of it, that's awesome. What's going on here is this member is promoting his business which is a direct violation of the rules. To the best of my knowledge, he has not cleared this with Eddie or Cindy. They probably have many good reasons for their rules, but one of the obvious ones would be that it's not fair to the vendors here that DO PAY to be vendors on this site. It's also no different than someone ignoring your 'no soliciting' sign on your door at home and bugging you about what they want to sell even though you've posted for them to not do that.

Ahhh....I see now. It kind of sounded like he was selling his product ... which I obviously do get why that is a No-No. Especially to their other vendors that is disrespectful. So obviously if I built something I can post pictures but if I want to tell people what I used as far as equipment or something like that(or in his case him telling about the tube bender company and their website) I would have to check with admin first? The only reason I say this is because the information you can find on the site about bending stuff it would be useful.... And I would want other people to know what I used as long as I'm not trying to sell a product nor would I ever do that. Not sure if that makes sense but hopefully you get my point. And obviously I get the rules and would never tried to do what he did.

WJCO

Meme King
Ahhh....I see now. It kind of sounded like he was selling his product ... which I obviously do get why that is a No-No. Especially to their other vendors that is disrespectful. So obviously if I built something I can post pictures but if I want to tell people what I used as far as equipment or something like that(or in his case him telling about the tube bender company and their website) I would have to check with admin first? The only reason I say this is because the information you can find on the site about bending stuff it would be useful.... And I would want other people to know what I used as long as I'm not trying to sell a product nor would I ever do that. Not sure if that makes sense but hopefully you get my point. And obviously I get the rules and would never tried to do what he did.

If there are any gray areas, always check with admin first. But tons of members here have built stuff with details without an issue. We even have DIY threads for stuff like that. Here's one example: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11966-Best-DIY-jk-mods

Now this member clearly had intentions to show off his business, it's in his screen name, his signature, and his pictures which is a direct violation of the rules.

GraniteCrystal

I like that he tried to sound casual at the end with "while we're on the topic of tube benders, what's your favorite?"

Rumblebee3, don't over think it. You'll be just fine. I could tell you the brand of every product on my Jeep and who (if not me) installed it and I wouldn't be breaking any rules. Especially in How-to threads (as WJCO mentioned), the more detail the better. Just don't try to sell us something.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
If there are any gray areas, always check with admin first. But tons of members here have built stuff with details without an issue. We even have DIY threads for stuff like that. Here's one example: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11966-Best-DIY-jk-mods

Now this member clearly had intentions to show off his business, it's in his screen name, his signature, and his pictures which is a direct violation of the rules.

Duly noted! I will always check if I have any questions or doubts. Thank you for the example and yeah he was definitely going pretty far on the "hey look at my stuff and what I can build for you" scale sorry for the Newbie questions but better to ask now and not be sorry later...

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I like that he tried to sound casual at the end with "while we're on the topic of tube benders, what's your favorite?"

Rumblebee3, don't over think it. You'll be just fine. I could tell you the brand of every product on my Jeep and who (if not me) installed it and I wouldn't be breaking any rules. Especially in How-to threads (as WJCO mentioned), the more detail the better. Just don't try to sell us something.
Like I told WJCO.... I would rather ask questions now then be sorry later. But it makes sense now. Thank you guys for the help understanding it. Just don't want to be a rule breaker.

DavidDial

Geez, I was unaware that there were paid vendors for the group, and my "business" is just a side gig, so it's nothing huge. But I under stand that it's still a violation of the rules.

I'm an administrator for a large club in the state of Georgia and we too have paid sponsors, and advertising rights for members are limited.

I'll gladly remove my company name from the pictures, that's no issue.

David Dial
2011 jku

Last edited:
Top Bottom