Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CB Wiring

CB Wiring

I'm planning on adding a CB to my Jeep and had a question about the wiring. I'm thinking about purchasing the Cobra 75 WX ST and using this to wire it up
    IMG_3351.jpg
    The installation of this piece isn't my problem, my problem is that my 12v output is on the left hand side and not on the right hand side like it's shows in the instructions. Also, they seem to be hooking it up to the cigarette lighter.
    IMG_3352.jpg
    This is what my Jeep looks like.
    IMG_3350.jpg
    My question is, since they show it being hooked up to the cigarette lighter, would it work the same if I hook it up to the 12v output? And do you guys think it'll be long enough to reach by where it shows it coming out by the glove box? Sorry if this makes no sense but it's the best way I can explain it hahah. Thanks for the input guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If it has the same plug it will be fine. One of them is probably always powered. And one powers with the accessories. If you are always powered remember to shut of your cb or you'll have a dead battery.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck79 View Post
    If it has the same plug it will be fine. One of them is probably always powered. And one powers with the accessories. If you are always powered remember to shut of your cb or you'll have a dead battery.

On the right hand side it's just a hook looking thing, no power. My 12v output in the left had side, goes on and off with the ignition, the 12v output that always stays on, is in my center console.

Just so everyone knows I have a 2011 2dr sport. If that makes any difference

Imo it seems easier to hit the battery with an inline fuse and b done with it
    Plus itd save u bout $30

I used this same connector to my lighter on my 2015 with the same cb. It powers off when the jeep is turned off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you already have that harness just extend it where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by estesd View Post
    I used this same connector to my lighter on my 2015 with the same cb. It powers off when the jeep is turned off.

Good idea. I've seen a few keeps dead in the morning from not turning off the cb with a battery home run.

I also have a lighter adapter under the dash tied into the same connector to power my gps and ran the wire between the windshied and dash. This frees up the lighter in the dash for cell phone charging.

IMG_1308.jpg

I went this route and just spliced the wires and plug in my cb only when needed... (I'm forgetful and didn't wanna chance a dead battery) works great though

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast