CB Wiring

Mikecal9985

I'm planning on adding a CB to my Jeep and had a question about the wiring. I'm thinking about purchasing the Cobra 75 WX ST and using this to wire it up
IMG_3351.jpg
The installation of this piece isn't my problem, my problem is that my 12v output is on the left hand side and not on the right hand side like it's shows in the instructions. Also, they seem to be hooking it up to the cigarette lighter.
IMG_3352.jpg
This is what my Jeep looks like.
IMG_3350.jpg
My question is, since they show it being hooked up to the cigarette lighter, would it work the same if I hook it up to the 12v output? And do you guys think it'll be long enough to reach by where it shows it coming out by the glove box? Sorry if this makes no sense but it's the best way I can explain it hahah. Thanks for the input guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

chuck79

If it has the same plug it will be fine. One of them is probably always powered. And one powers with the accessories. If you are always powered remember to shut of your cb or you'll have a dead battery.

Mikecal9985

If it has the same plug it will be fine. One of them is probably always powered. And one powers with the accessories. If you are always powered remember to shut of your cb or you'll have a dead battery.

On the right hand side it's just a hook looking thing, no power. My 12v output in the left had side, goes on and off with the ignition, the 12v output that always stays on, is in my center console.

estesd

I also have a lighter adapter under the dash tied into the same connector to power my gps and ran the wire between the windshied and dash. This frees up the lighter in the dash for cell phone charging.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

IMG_1308.jpg

I went this route and just spliced the wires and plug in my cb only when needed... (I'm forgetful and didn't wanna chance a dead battery) works great though

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm planning on adding a CB to my Jeep and had a question about the wiring. I'm thinking about purchasing the Cobra 75 WX ST and using this to wire it up
View attachment 254090
The installation of this piece isn't my problem, my problem is that my 12v output is on the left hand side and not on the right hand side like it's shows in the instructions. Also, they seem to be hooking it up to the cigarette lighter.
View attachment 254091
This is what my Jeep looks like.
View attachment 254092
My question is, since they show it being hooked up to the cigarette lighter, would it work the same if I hook it up to the 12v output? And do you guys think it'll be long enough to reach by where it shows it coming out by the glove box? Sorry if this makes no sense but it's the best way I can explain it hahah. Thanks for the input guys!!

I have that adapter and it works great.

you may not have a lighter but I bet the connector is still there.

I've noticed on my 2010 there are other connectors and plugs for accessories I don't have - guess it saves on having multiple wiring harnesses

ZachJKUR

I have that adapter and it works great.

you may not have a lighter but I bet the connector is still there.

I've noticed on my 2010 there are other connectors and plugs for accessories I don't have - guess it saves on having multiple wiring harnesses
Ditto. They use the same wiring harness, just didn't put the hardware in the plastic panel to plug in to. Otherwise, that harness will work on the left side as well, follow the same instructions but obviously use the leads from the 12v if on the left side rather than the right!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
A fuse tap is only about $5 and all you'll need to do is run a wire from the fuse box to where you want your CB to go. IMO easier, and cheaper. And you can either pick an always hot fuse (constant 12v), or a switched fuse (switched 12v) that way when you take your key out, your CB shuts off. That's how I have mine wired, because I used to forget it and leave it on all the time.

Top Bottom