Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flying with King Coilovers

Pretty sure that even if you could get them on the plane they would be more than 50 pounds so you would have to pay the overweight baggage charge.

Saw the thread title. Expected more pics of Spicy Chicken going airborne. So disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Nitrogen is an inert gas that is used in multiple aircraft parts. You shouldn't have any issue. I'd inbox them and pack them in a decent bag/suitcase. Another Wayalife member here from Dubai did the same, took the parts from LA to Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yep i remember that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Pretty sure that even if you could get them on the plane they would be more than 50 pounds so you would have to pay the overweight baggage charge.
    Military gets a 70lb bag limit on some airlines so I would be able to do it without get charged for the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Saw the thread title. Expected more pics of Spicy Chicken going airborne. So disappointing.
    Same reason I clicked on the thread. Disappointing.
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Quote Originally Posted by Patton007 View Post
    Yeah might just have to put the money away and wait. I forgot about all the salt and acid In the dirt. :/

I have met 2 people here on Oahu with coilovers. Both have had issues with rust, and both within a year. With the high cost of shipping to here, plus the salt air, no way I would run coilovers here. If I were you, I would wait till you get stateside. As you know, unless you want Chinese made stuff from 4WP, there just isn't much of a choice here on island. If you wait till you get back to the mainland, you'll have better choices and save money.

"A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Been Around the Block Jeepfan30's Avatar
    I was stationed on Oahu from 2013-2016. I cam back to WA state one time and bought a Rubicon sway bar for my Sport, wrapped it up and checked it as bag. Delta looked very confused and just asked me to unwrap it and checked to see if there was any visible leaking oil/fluid. Each website will have a policy, Delta has a specific section for checking automotive parts. It shipped for free since military are allowed a few extra bags when on leave/orders. I did all of my shopping with NR (a dirty word on WAL now) while there because they were the only company that would ship and not charge a mind boggling fee.
    3" Enforcer

Flying with King Coilovers

You could ask a Vietnamese doctor to carry it on for you on the next United flt...

Sorry...sometimes I just can't help myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    You could ask a Vietnamese doctor to carry it on for you on the next United flt...

Sorry...sometimes I just can't help myself...
    Haha I see what you did there. As long as its not an expensive rabbit it'll be OK..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123