Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4" Plush Ride Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Use this diagram to measure lift height instead
    Attachment 254280

JK FAQ - Answers to Questions Every Newbie has about the Jeep JK Wrangler

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=2180
    Yep, I learned shortly after that the correct way. Was a bit embarrassed to post that but you asked. 🤣. All things being equal, if I repeat the same it should still be the same overall net, right. Fender skirt, inside perchlorate outside lip. But I did learn the error of my ways and you have reinforced that. But my 3.5 measure and current 4 in measure were done the same for comparisons sake.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by moteaux View Post
    Didn't have the flip before, but I do now with the current set up.

Weld on bracket or bolt on and is everything tight? You can get some pretty bad road transfer to the vehicle if anything is loose there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tdougherty81 View Post
    When you get back into town let me know. You can take mine for a spin and compare the two since we are both on 4" plush.
    Sounds good. I think an even better comparison will be once I get the arms on too. And I need to check out your exhaust from inside the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by madstiles View Post
    Can't help but great looking rig !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Weld on bracket or bolt on and is everything tight? You can get some pretty bad road transfer to the vehicle if anything is loose there as well.
    WJCO the axle has the optional raised track bar bracket.

IMG_5025.JPG

As for the flipped drag link, I'm sorry I am a bit confused if you mean a bracket for that.

I am not sure which vendor provided the flip, but the person I bought from thought it was AEV. I bought the PR44 as a pkg upgrade from my D30 from someone stepping up to 60s.

Appreciate very much the help and suggestions.

WJCO the axle has the optional raised track bar bracket.

As for the flipped drag link, I'm sorry I am a bit confused if you mean a bracket for that.

I am not sure which vendor provided the flip, but the person I bought from thought it was AEV. I bought the PR44 as a pkg upgrade from my D30 from someone stepping up to 60s.

Appreciate very much the help and suggestions.

I was referring to the track bar bracket so you're good there. And I assume track bar is mounted in the top hole?

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I was referring to the track bar bracket so you're good there. And I assume track bar is mounted in the top hole?
    Yessir, it is.

If it helps clarify things a bit, it's not a steering complaint that I have. I do notice more road feedback, but that's not what I'm trying to assess. What I'm really trying to hone in on seems to be spring related to me.

The overall ride seems slightly more firm than the RC coils with the Fox 2.0 shocks, but an initial impact on something such as a road divot, parking lot speed bumps and similar, seem to be harsher than I was expecting from the rave reviews on here with these coils. The initial compression of the spring is certainly felt, and the rebound seems slightly quicker. If I were still dirt bike racing. I would be setting sag and adjusting clickers.

Cozdude gave me some things for concern to QA my install in the manner I torqued up the fasteners, so I will certainly be investigating that.

Or was my expectation too high? Was the RC setup better than I thought? At any rate, I do appreciate the suggestions and will look it all over again when I get home with the advice given in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tdougherty81 View Post
    When you get back into town let me know. You can take mine for a spin and compare the two since we are both on 4" plush.
    Riding in his will def help sort out if this is an isolated issue with your Jeep/install needing more troubleshooting or if that's just the way they ride (given that you both have/will have pretty similar setups). Do the bolt torque checks at ride height/weight and def ride in his back to back. I'm scratching my head too as internet lore would certainly favor the Plush coils over RCs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrockTT View Post
    Riding in his will def help sort out if this is an isolated issue with your Jeep/install needing more troubleshooting or if that's just the way they ride (given that you both have/will have pretty similar setups). Do the bolt torque checks at ride height/weight and def ride in his back to back. I'm scratching my head too as internet lore would certainly favor the Plush coils over RCs.
    Yes, we shall see. And don't worry, I'm not gonna ask for a refund.

Yessir, it is.

If it helps clarify things a bit, it's not a steering complaint that I have. I do notice more road feedback, but that's not what I'm trying to assess. What I'm really trying to hone in on seems to be spring related to me.

The overall ride seems slightly more firm than the RC coils with the Fox 2.0 shocks, but an initial impact on something such as a road divot, parking lot speed bumps and similar, seem to be harsher than I was expecting from the rave reviews on here with these coils. The initial compression of the spring is certainly felt, and the rebound seems slightly quicker. If I were still dirt bike racing. I would be setting sag and adjusting clickers.

Cozdude gave me some things for concern to QA my install in the manner I torqued up the fasteners, so I will certainly be investigating that.

Or was my expectation too high? Was the RC setup better than I thought? At any rate, I do appreciate the suggestions and will look it all over again when I get home with the advice given in mind.

It kind of sounds like you arent happy with your shocks. The Plushride is a soft spring, so the harshness you are feeling is MOST likely from the compression/rebound rates of the shock. While it is in theory good to pair the soft springs with a stiffer shock, perhaps your Fox shocks are a little TOO stiff for your liking when paired with such a soft spring? The reason you didnt feel "harshness" before was because the spring was heavier so the shock didnt have to work as hard to slow things down. The spring took more of the impact load... if that makes sense? I.E. the axle (and thus shock) is now moving further thanks to the softer spring
    Last edited by DWiggles; 04-20-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast