Synergy tie rod end.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
IMG_2315.jpg

So this is my second synergy tie rod end for my draglink. I can't get the castle nut tightened enough to put a cotter pin through. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

You have to drill it out further, but not too much. You go too far and it's supposedly done for. I can't get the cotter pin on mine but I'm not worried about it for how tight it is, I was getting towards the higher side of .9-1" or whatever it is they say to not exceed so I left it. Was using a 7/8 bit and did quite a bit of hogging. Maybe I'll try and go some more one day.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I haven't measured it. But the 7/8th bit has play when it's in the knuckle. I may go get a 15/16th bit. I must of drilled to big for the tre as the hole is above the castle nut. Maybe it's time to buy new knuckles.

DavidDial

I had to do some extra drilling on mine as well, just wobble your drill bit really easy and bore it out a little more. And keep doing so until you get the cotter pin installed.

Took 6-7 tries for mine to go down far enough

David Dial
2011 JKU

Jackal01

I haven't measured it. But the 7/8th bit has play when it's in the knuckle. I may go get a 15/16th bit. I must of drilled to big for the tre as the hole is above the castle nut. Maybe it's time to buy new knuckles.
I had to buy new knuckles after drilling too large. I have the same TR. Wish I would have gone with the JKS DLF since they include a step bit. I helped a friend do his and it was 100x easier than the Synergy way.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Check your tapered adapter. Mine did not have the cut that allows it to expand properly. I fought it for a while before realizing the problem. 7/8 was a bit small too if I remember correct. IMG_0346.JPG

jeeeep

Hooked
the adapter should fit snug, you should be able to push it in by hand.

if you have to force the taper in, the hole is not big enough and will not allow the taper to expand for the TRE stud properly

Desert Crawler

I had to buy new knuckles after drilling too large. I have the same TR. Wish I would have gone with the JKS DLF since they include a step bit. I helped a friend do his and it was 100x easier than the Synergy way.

What the hell is so hard about drilling a straight hole?

chuck79
Use the adapter. I used a straight bit. Butter.

Worked great for me too! :thumb:

Top Bottom