Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dropped pitman arm VS reised track bar bracket

Hi, I' m confused about the use of the dropped pitman arm , the reised track bar bracket and also the drag link flip kit.
    When should I to use them and why should I choose one of them?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guascone; 04-21-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    Hi, I' m confused about the use of the dropped pitman arm , the reised track bar bracket and also the drag link flip kit.

Thanks!
    A raised trackbar bracket is better than a dropped pitman arm because it doesn't add extra stress to the pitman arm itself. Also when you flip the drag link it will be more in line with the trackbar when you raise it from the axle side.

As far as when to do it, a drag link flip and raised trackbar should be done at that same time and usually when you start going 3" of lift and higher. Kits like evo sell the raised bracket and the dl flip together so your killing two birds with one stone
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    A raised trackbar bracket is better than a dropped pitman arm because it doesn't add extra stress to the pitman arm itself. Also when you flip the drag link it will be more in line with the trackbar when you raise it from the axle side.

As far as when to do it, a drag link flip and raised trackbar should be done at that same time and usually when you start going 3" of lift and higher. Kits like evo sell the raised bracket and the dl flip together so your killing two birds with one stone
    Thanks, I remember your suggestion!

I know WOL position about teraflex but I have a question...I have the opportunity to buy a teraflex drag link flip kit with the steer renforcement and all the stuff a very good price (130 dollars).

Do you think that it is a very bad kit and I will waste my money using that?

Thanks!

Thanks, I remember your suggestion!

I know WOL position about teraflex but I have a question...I have the opportunity to buy a teraflex drag link flip kit with the steer renforcement and all the stuff a very good price (130 dollars).

Do you think that it is a very bad kit and I will waste my money using that?

Thanks!
    Honestly, I wouldn't trust it mainly because it is terrorflex. I wouldn't want such an important steering part to be made with Chinese steel and break like their carrier do.
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Honestly, I wouldn't trust it mainly because it is terrorflex. I wouldn't want such an important steering part to be made with Chinese steel and break like their carrier do.
    Thanks, understood.

^^^ Totally agreed. The track bar has a lot of force at both ends. You want the brackets to be strong. I wouldn't install a Teraflex one even if it was free and came with a personal favor.

Installed the Currie Currectlync Steering with flipped Draglink

This stuff is really Beefy. I used a 7/8 Irwin Step Bit and was able to drill the right knuckle without Drama.
    I considered the EVO Drag Link Flip which would have saved me about 400 but couldent resist the Beef of the Currie
    Links and the very Stout Weld-On Synergy Weld-On front track bar Bracket.
    For a bit more than 300 bucks I think the EVO Flip is an Exceptional Value. I will not have the Track Bar Bracket welded on till next Week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PHX JK; 04-22-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    If you don't have a plan for yourself someone has one for you!!!

Thanks!
    A dropped pitman arm will correct the geometry of your drag link angle. A track bar relocation bracket will correct the geometry of your track bar. BOTH need to be installed at the same time IF you are running a tall enough lift to warrant geometry correction.

That being said, a DRAG LINK FLIP is a better solution than a dropped pitman arm as it will correct geometry from the axle and without putting more leverage on your sector shaft. Also, a track bar relocation bracket that is welded onto your axle is a better solution than one that is dropped from the frame as it will be a stronger setup.

Thanks! I decided that EVO enforcer kit with EVO drag link flip kit would be the best choise...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! I decided that EVO enforcer kit with EVO drag link flip kit would be the best choise...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast