Front end popping noise.

jeeeep

Hooked
have you had someone else steering while you look underneath?

sounds like something caatching- like a bolt hitting the diff cover or something similar.

moteaux

Mine made a similar noise when removable swaybar links needed lube. Not so much when turning the wheel but transitions in vehicle weight made a similar noise.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds just like mine. Mine is upper track bar bushing. Have someone turn your steering wheel while you put your hand on the upper track bar mount. See if that's it. If it is, Lithium grease doesn't do shit, I had to drop the track bar and load the pin and bushings with a grease gun (I'm running aftermarket poly bushings). Regardless, that is exactly what mine sounds like.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Sounds just like mine. Mine is upper track bar bushing. Have someone turn your steering wheel while you put your hand on the upper track bar mount. See if that's it. If it is, Lithium grease doesn't do shit, I had to drop the track bar and load the pin and bushings with a grease gun (I'm running aftermarket poly bushings). Regardless, that is exactly what mine sounds like.

I'll check that. I have a brand new synergy that's a couple months old.

I did notice in another video. My axle shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Had exactly the same noise. It turned out track bar bolt at the frame end was loose. I loosened up both ends moved the bolt a bit and torqued it to 125 at it was the end of it.
Good luck.

Andy5160

Hooked
I am still thinking it is a track bar.Is this aftermarket? If you have original install it back, it is good up to 6 inch lift and works better then most after market bars. Also i would check the frame side bolt holes to see if they are worn out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with the others on here and say that it sounds like a track bar creaking. As mentioned, if you still have your factory track bar, I'd try reinstalling it and see if the noise goes away.

jeeeep

Hooked
that looks like a synergy track bar?

the heim end is narrower than the stock track bar and pretty much every other after market TB and the brackets won't squeeze enough at torque to hold it in place.

you need to tighten it until you squeeze the TB bracket enough to clamp the heim joint - at 125' lbs it won't clamp.

Another option is to pry open the brackets back to where they should be and use a washer as a spacer then torque it back up - put some brake grease between the washer and the TB bracket to control the squeaking.

As mentioned, if you still have the stock track bar I'd put that back in.

since I installed the Rancho High steer knuckles I've been running the stock track bar

Top Bottom