Mesh Door Pocket Replacement: Any good ideas?

Bigjimbo

I've been back and forth on this as mine are also shot. Smittybilt makes molle panels, I just can't make up my mind if I like them enough.

Evil

Those OEM ones are stupid expensive to replace and both mine are blown out from everyone putting their phones and crap in them. I am actually going to send them to my holster maker and see if he can make a simple pocket out of kydex that will go in place of the mesh. We have discussed it, just haven't done anything with it yet.

Bigjimbo

Those OEM ones are stupid expensive to replace and both mine are blown out from everyone putting their phones and crap in them. I am actually going to send them to my holster maker and see if he can make a simple pocket out of kydex that will go in place of the mesh. We have discussed it, just haven't done anything with it yet.
That's a great idea. No new holes would have to be drilled either. If you get that hooked up I'd be interested in a write up and few pictures.

Heck depending on price have him make an extra set for me if it's not much trouble.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd like some ideas on his too. It's something to do with the elastic in the mesh. Mine all look like old man balls a keep getting caught in the door. I'd like to find something functional that look good. I'll look into the Molle idea

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

That's a great idea. No new holes would have to be drilled either. If you get that hooked up I'd be interested in a write up and few pictures.

Heck depending on price have him make an extra set for me if it's not much trouble.

Ill be finishing up my half doors and putting those on and jump back on this plan and update. Been busy as hell so not on the forum as much. :thumb:

GraniteCrystal

Sweet idea. I may look into doing this myself. Be sure to post up pics if you do it.

devildawg

Buddy replaced his with para cord ...next time I see him I'll take a pic not sure how he fastens them up but he. Add a para cord weave out of black and grey cord to match his jeep

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Would something like this work.
https://yakgear.com/product/accessory-pouch/

I'm trying to find the rubber pouch they make to attach to the side of a yak to see if they would fit. Should be close to the same size.

That looks nice! All my mesh sacks (gigity) are blown out too. I was going to play the cheap route and use some amazon molle pouches. Ended up hanging them on the seat adjuster bar, keeps them quite hidden. Perhaps those fold up drop-pouches might be a neat try.

Amazon cheapo ($14 http://a.co/0LlifOx)
A1ve5qO0v6L._SL1500_.jpg

nbunga

Caught the Bug
My 08 has solid pockets in the door, don't know if finding junkyard replacements is an option. I would think the door panels would be interchangeable.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Try slickrockgear.com.
They are hard pockets that completely replace the netting. They look like a cool option that I’m going to try (though very pricey).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve seen these products and know the guy that makes them. They look like a good solution to the problem. I don’t personally have or need them, though, because my 2010 is pre-sagging pockets.

Top Bottom