Another Lift Question - Shopping List

Aruun72

I have a 13 JKU Rubicon - Automatic. What I'm looking to build is something that will take 37s tires (but probably will go with 35s) My question is besides the obvious, what are the overlooked items I need to shop for. I'm not necessarily looking for brands, but general parts.

I know I need a lift kit (long/short arm type), they usually come with springs and shocks. I'll need tires, wheels, spacers, drive shaft, new gear ratio. But what have I not considered? Tie rod, steering stabilizer, etc? Stuff to make sure the kit includes?

Thanks

joezuki

Well It really depends on how you plan on using your rig, 37" tires are better on the 4-Door model to help with the cross over ground clearance but with 37" tires now you have the expense of re-gearing the diffs as well.

This is the plan for my build, I installed the Terraflex leveling kit 1" rear approx 2 to 2 1/2 front, I can fit a 33 and possibly a 34" tire, step 2 will be a after market oem looking high profile fender flare kit which will allow a 35" tire, 37's will fit but you will need to put bump stops to prevent tires from hitting the flare on heavy articulation. The best part of this setup is keeping the center of gravity as low as possible the other benefit is you maintain all your stock suspension no modifications need to be done to the driveline angles ect. and most of all the cost.
Leveling kit 162.00
Flare kit 895.00
Rims and tires $$$$$$$

A friend of mine set his car up just as described on 35" tires and it looks great.

Good luck hope this helps
Joe

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 13 JKU Rubicon - Automatic. What I'm looking to build is something that will take 37s tires (but probably will go with 35s) My question is besides the obvious, what are the overlooked items I need to shop for. I'm not necessarily looking for brands, but general parts.

I know I need a lift kit (long/short arm type), they usually come with springs and shocks. I'll need tires, wheels, spacers, drive shaft, new gear ratio. But what have I not considered? Tie rod, steering stabilizer, etc? Stuff to make sure the kit includes?

Thanks

I have to agree with the others on here that are recommending you decide on tire size first. It really doesn't take much to run 35's as the JK was essentially made for them. However, to run 37's right, I personally would recommend more upgrades. Things like steering stablizers are over rated but with 37's, having something like a ram assist is really nice to have. An HD tie-rod is good to have regardless of what you're wanting to run.

jesse3638

Hooked
If you're thinking 37's plan and build for 37's even if you end up running 35's. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and have to replace things you already bought.

Aruun72

The reason for 37s is because of the JK Experience. That is something I would like to participate in at least once if possible. I'm trying to tick off the box for requirements:

2007 or newer Jeep JK. :thumb:
Lockers, Front and Rear :thumb:
Sport Cage :thumb:

37″ Minimum Tire Size for 4 Door
Must be self sufficient with tools and spare parts :thumb:

A tow strap, emergency flares, a Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit and Spill Kit
Working CB Radio :thumb:
Winch :thumb:
Working E-brake :thumb:
Emergency water and food supply :thumb:
Extra Gas :thumb:

So my plan is for 37s.

austin160

I am in the process of installing my upgrades now. So far this is what I have: Metal Cloak Gamechanger 3.5 Rocksport. Cooper STT Pro 37 13.5 17, 1.5" spacer (temp until I find 3.5-4" backspacing wheels), Adams 1310 front drive shaft, ruff stuff specialities tie rod, Rocksport steering stabilizer, Rubicon axles with 4.88, sleeves (for piece of mind), C gussets, Artec front and rear track bar mounts and front LCA mounts with skids.

I'm going to run the rear shaft til it gives, along with the front axle shafts. The rear are some aftermarket Yukon's, I was told when I got the axles. Doing all this wasn't too bad, because I can do most of the work myself to save some coin. Plus I found an awesome local shop to help me out.

You are welcome to check mine out, I live just north of Huntsvegas. Here is a before and in the process of. 12289493_10205192924802011_3298388880068992512_n.jpg axle install.jpg

Top Bottom