Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axle Reinforcement

Axle Reinforcement

Hi All, I'll be picking up a 2015 Rubicon 2 door Friday and will be installing EVOs Enforcer Stage 2 lift along with Adams 1350 driveshafts front and rear running 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers and EVO bumpers front and rear. My question is I will be putting on EVOs C gussets and aftermarket ball joints. Should I also upgrade the Axle shafts as well or wait till I save up to upgrade to a ProRock 44 axle housing? Thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Axle Reinforcement

Quote Originally Posted by 15FireCrackerJK View Post
    Hi All, I'll be picking up a 2015 Rubicon 2 door Friday and will be installing EVOs Enforcer Stage 2 lift along with Adams 1350 driveshafts front and rear running 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers and EVO bumpers front and rear. My question is I will be putting on EVOs C gussets and aftermarket ball joints. Should I also upgrade the Axle shafts as well or wait till I save up to upgrade to a ProRock 44 axle housing? Thoughts??

Probably save up for prorock44 and don't wheel it too hard. I would also do the C's.
    For ball joints I would wait until the factory ones go out and you actually need new ones.
    Rubicon shafts are are actually surprisingly strong from what I heard, especially on the newer models like 2015

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by VeruGE*144; 04-25-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Welcome to Wayalife. I would wait and save. Do it at once.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Probably save up for prorock44 and don't wheel it too hard. I would also do the C's.
    For ball joints I would wait until the factory ones go out and you actually need new ones.
    Rubicon shafts are are actually surprisingly strong from what I heard.

Okay awesome I'll put the funds on other parts like skid plates or something. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Welcome to Wayalife. I would wait and save. Do it at once.
    Thanks great to be back!! Been 2 years without a jeep some I'm excited to start the upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by 15FireCrackerJK View Post

Having seen two front axle failure on JKs this week (not mine) from U-joint failure, I'd suggest aftermarket axle shafts (or at least tack welding the cap to the U-joint body. Axles are not a difficult install and swapping them into the PR along with the guts of the pumpkin wouldn't add anything to the effort (you'd still need to install the new axles).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-JKURX View Post
    Having seen two front axle failure on JKs this week (not mine) from U-joint failure, I'd suggest aftermarket axle shafts (or at least tack welding the cap to the U-joint body. Axles are not a difficult install and swapping them into the PR along with the guts of the pumpkin wouldn't add anything to the effort (you'd still need to install the new axles).
    That is true. Are the rubicon shafts used with the elocker the same length as ones that are used with air lockers, if he decides to go that route? I know they would be different for the rear. How about the front though?

Okay awesome. After this first stage of the build the ProRock will be next on the list. Should it be okay for about a year with moderate wheeling?

Nothing but a Thing
    I wouldn't suggest this.
    The U-Joint cap needs to be able to rotate. Welding it to the body of the U-joint would bind and cause it to break.
    If the U-Joints are the only thing that broke in what you saw, then an aftermarket shaft isn't going to do anything.
    Full circle clips are your best option - and likely not having them is what caused the break you saw.

OE shafts are plenty strong for most. I've wheel hopped mine locked on 37s countless times and have yet to break anything. Just don't do that with the wheel fully cranked and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by JKDream; 04-25-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Been Around the Block Robertcrav's Avatar
    Rubicon shafts are 32 spline aftermarket air lockers are typically 30 or 35 I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - Currie RJ44's, 37s - Click Here For Build Thread

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast