Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Axle Reinforcement

  1. #21
    Hooked bouche03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Revolution shafts, Regear, and call it good until your housing goes down- it probably never will. In the meantime save for a PR44 housing and all your internals will swap over.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I'm in the same spot as the OP and appreciate that feedback. I do need to install the gussets still though! I imagine my ball joints will go pretty quick once I have the weight of 37" Coopers and bead locks on them.

  2. #22
    Old Timer jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,532
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Revolution shafts, Regear, and call it good until your housing goes down- it probably never will. In the meantime save for a PR44 housing and all your internals will swap over.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    ^^^This^^^

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #23
    Hooked danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Revolution shafts, Regear, and call it good until your housing goes down- it probably never will. In the meantime save for a PR44 housing and all your internals will swap over.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks this is the route Iíll go


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #24
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Thanks this is the route Iíll go


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Add C gussets to that list and run it till it explodes.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  5. #25
    Knows a Thing or Two RanchoRubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    RSM, SoCal
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Thanks this is the route Iíll go


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You should strongly consider regearing to 5:13 vs 4:88s given the 37s
    Even tho you have a 3.6. Do the regear once and forget it.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #26
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by RanchoRubi View Post
    You should strongly consider regearing to 5:13 vs 4:88s given the 37s
    Even tho you have a 3.6. Do the regear once and forget it.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    And this. Didn't notice you were considering 4.88s.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  7. #27
    Hooked danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    And this. Didn't notice you were considering 4.88s.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Even if itís a daily driver with a lot of highway miles? Been hearing mixed things between 4.88 and 5.13, esp for the 3.6


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #28
    Hooked SLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Even if itís a daily driver with a lot of highway miles? Been hearing mixed things between 4.88 and 5.13, esp for the 3.6


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I went 5.13ís with 37ís and the 3.6. I wish I had gone 4.88 when on the freeway and glad I went 5.13 when off road.

    Are the freeway miles at any altitude or up any significant grades?

  9. #29
    Hooked danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    162
    No all freeway miles in LA at sea level . Wheel once or twice a month so thinking 4.88 but let me know if yíall disagree


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #30
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    No all freeway miles in LA at sea level . Wheel once or twice a month so thinking 4.88 but let me know if yíall disagree


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thatís what I run, 4:88s and 37s. Itís great for a daily driver and weekend off-road Jeep. It runs at 2900 RPM at 75-76.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS