Evo builder corners with full width axles photos?

g00se04

Thinking about ditching my rear poison spyder fenders and running the EVO builder corners. Does anybody have any photos of full width axles and the evo builder corners on their jeeps?
Trying to determine how it would look with my dynatrac 60 and 40" nittos mounted on slabs.

J

JKDream

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug

GCM 2

Wish off-road evolution still offered the builder fronts. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, my fronts are a 1 of 1 special narrow width quarter panel/fender combo that were made for Mel Wade's EVO1. He ran them for years and when he switched to the one piece fiberglass hood with integrated high clearance fenders for racing, he gifted me the old steel builder fenders. They did make a few sets of the larger full width quarter panel/fender combo that are still on a few EVO builds out there.

The rear builder corners (with no flare/fender) look cool, but in reality are pretty impractical. If you live in a state with tight laws, they could be problematic. Also, I live in Arizona where it rains very little, so I do not have problems with throwing rooster tails from all four tires (especially the rear) like you would have in every other area of the country. I have driven in other states in bad rain, and the amount of spray coming off the rear tires is almost comical.

Here's EVO1 back in probably 2008 wearing the front fender flares I am currently running

IMG_0010.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Well, my fronts are a 1 of 1 special narrow width quarter panel/fender combo that were made for Mel Wade's EVO1. He ran them for years and when he switched to the one piece fiberglass hood with integrated high clearance fenders for racing, he gifted me the old steel builder fenders. They did make a few sets of the larger full width quarter panel/fender combo that are still on a few EVO builds out there.

The rear builder corners (with no flare/fender) look cool, but in reality are pretty impractical. If you live in a state with tight laws, they could be problematic. Also, I live in Arizona where it rains very little, so I do not have problems with throwing rooster tails from all four tires (especially the rear) like you would have in every other area of the country. I have driven in other states in bad rain, and the amount of spray coming off the rear tires is almost comical.

Here's EVO1 back in probably 2008 wearing the front fender flares I am currently running

View attachment 255614

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm planning on fenderless builder corners in the rear. A real dick move where I live considering we get everything. But Nevada doesn't have any fender laws. Thought about buying the front builders when they were in stock on nr. But missed my chance. A local guy has the full width fronts. And I just love them. Love the old tj look with the flat fenders that go straight out. May just consider mce in the front.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Greg is right on impractical in most states. I also live in Arizona so no issues with the law, plus it's not my DD. 80% of its use is to, on, and from trail runs. My Jeep is not mud friendly with the Outlaw corners, I still love them though.

These are all after getting caught twice in monsoon rains. Clean up wasn't fun.

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6964.jpg

Last edited:

Sharvark

About to order the builders corners for my Christmas present to my Jeep. What tail lights is everyone running? Was hoping to find something with much brighter back up lights. TIA

Fordracing19

Top Bottom