Help P0520 Code!

Spazbyt

Hooked
P0520 engine oil pressure sensor circuit

Sorry if this has been covered before but a Google search only returns "other" forums with almost no clear answer. My wife said when she started my 2014 JKU the other day the dash oil pressure light light turned on then off before she got out of the driveway. The next day my check engine light lit up and stayed on the hole 5 miles back to my house. Today I reset the codes before I drove 15 miles today and no light. What gives? I don't wana hope something like oil pressure just fixes itself. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

LetsGoMuddin

I just did a quick search and found a Service Bulletin in one of my FCA dealer resources saying that some customers may experience a check engine light and a stored P0520 code. If the vehicle is operating correctly, the oil pressure sensor needs to be replaced according to RRT 14-046. If you google the RRT you will find the full pdf of the article, should be the first result. :thumb:

Spazbyt

Hooked
Thanks LetsGoMuddin. Is this something that is "Recalled"? Should I go to the Stealership for this work or would my local shop be able to do the same thing. I have had a few bad experiences with my dealership and would like to avoid them if its not a recall or warranty issue. I'm out of my warranty so that's not going to help out. I looked into replacing it myself but it looks like its under the intake so its probably a bigger job then I would like to tackle on my daily driver.

Update: I drove another 20 miles city and still no code thrown

On another note though, NO OIL PRESSURE GAUGE?!?!?!
I have never owned a vehicle without a oil pressure gauge but its times like this that I really wish I had one. My tuner doesn't pick up oil pressure either but I know the computer is getting a reading some how.

LetsGoMuddin

Thanks LetsGoMuddin. Is this something that is "Recalled"? Should I go to the Stealership for this work or would my local shop be able to do the same thing. I have had a few bad experiences with my dealership and would like to avoid them if its not a recall or warranty issue. I'm out of my warranty so that's not going to help out. I looked into replacing it myself but it looks like its under the intake so its probably a bigger job then I would like to tackle on my daily driver.

I don't believe it is a recall, but you would have to talk to your dealership. If it is something that you would have to pay for I don't see why you couldn't just take it to a shop that you trust if you don't want to bring it to the dealership.

Top Bottom