Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hi Lift Jack

Been Around the Block Snboarder113's Avatar

Hi Lift Jack

Trippy phone double post
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 12-05-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Been Around the Block Snboarder113's Avatar

Hi Lift Jack

Once upon a time they were great. Mechanical, nothing that really breaks down. Multi use, jack winch etc. But as pointed out, plenty of better options out there. But yeah people mainly buy them bc they see other people with them and hunk they need one even though they wouldnít know how to use it to do anything but change a tire, becoming more poser-y than useful. Especially when you carry one on each side on the door hinges
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 12-05-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Forgot about the Hi-Lift issues

I'm glad this thread was started. I recently got back into Jeeps, been gone for 15 years, and was thinking about adding one to my current JKU. I always carried one in the stock CJ7 when I was younger but mainly because I didn't have a winch or anything else. After reading through this I remembered how damn dangerous that thing can be. I think I will be going with the bottle jack and wood option. Would look great on my current Mall Crawler as I have also recently learned.

They have multiple uses I had heard of farmers using them plenty of times....definitely need to watch videos on them that's the first thing I did after picking one up. And I got a 48. Didn't mount in on the outside of my jeep just mounted under the back seat. Don't need to show off a jack lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I donít use my highlift Jack very often, like a lot of stuff I bring with me that I donít use very often. In fact I have to keep a bottle of WD-40 in the glove box to get the thing to work when I do need it. As long as people realize that jacking has some dangers to it, and you best not get underneath while youíre jacking, youíre probably OK. The last time I had to use one I ended up having to use the winch to keep the jeep from sliding sideways. The bottle jack did the same thing when I tried it. I suppose ideally in addition to a proper Jack we would carry plenty of large flat wood blocking with us but I just donít have that much storage space in addition to all the camping gear when Iím out on a trail. I hate my factory jeep stupid scissor jack, and Iíll probably start carrying some sort of bottle jack like the pictures show on these posts. Thatís my two cents worth of advice, anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Never have used mine. I just keep mine on the Jeep in case sticky fingered fuckers decide they want to steel something they take it and not my winch! So far, no sticky fingered fuckers...wait I better go check

Fresh Catch
    The only unplanned night in the bush was the one time I forgot my jack and my winch failed. Once my friend showed up with my hi-lift, I was out in 15 minutes. That was 20 years ago. Since then I have always had one in/on my Jeep. My current JK has one mounted on the tailgate. I hope to never use it, but itís reassuring to know itís there and would never fail me.

Been Around the Block FallonJeeper's Avatar
    Mine has only been used twice.
    1. Once to lift the bumper and body. It was a one time thing. A bottle jack would not have done the job.

2. To keep people from asking where my hi- lift jack is. It's stored securely on my roll bar, out of the way.