Dynatrac Trail leader package

Got the green light to put some money into the JK. I am considering an axle upgrade and I've been looking at the trail leader package from Dynatrac. Im currently running 35's with the idea of going to 37's when these wear out. My wheeling is on the heavier side of aggressive but its also my daily driver so I want some added insurance. I like the idea of a pr44 front with their upgraded shafts for the stock rear 44, plus it gives me the option of upgrading to a PR60 rear down the road if I so choose. Does anyone have any experience with this package? I would like to get some thoughts from you guys before I pull the trigger. I am the type to fix a problem before it becomes one and this seems like a good path.

Jkbroc

Really it comes down to budget. I have a PR44 with ten factory shafts, ARB locker and 5.13's. I decided to do nitro axles shafts in the rear and wheel on 37's. At the time I didn't want to dish out the money for the rear locker and 35 spline shafts but was also looking long term and will probably have a 60 in the rear by the end of summer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
Got the green light to put some money into the JK. I am considering an axle upgrade and I've been looking at the trail leader package from Dynatrac. Im currently running 35's with the idea of going to 37's when these wear out. My wheeling is on the heavier side of aggressive but its also my daily driver so I want some added insurance. I like the idea of a pr44 front with their upgraded shafts for the stock rear 44, plus it gives me the option of upgrading to a PR60 rear down the road if I so choose. Does anyone have any experience with this package? I would like to get some thoughts from you guys before I pull the trigger. I am the type to fix a problem before it becomes one and this seems like a good path.

If you plan on staying on with your setup, the Trail Leader package is a great choice, If you plan to do a 60 rear at anytime, get the PR44 now and a D60 when you are ready, If you get the Trail leader package and then move to a 60, nothing in the rear will be reusable.

I thought about getting the 35 spline rear when I bought my PR44, but had already invested in the rear locker when I regeared the first time, so I will wheel it like this and maybe 3 years down the road get a rear XD60...

desertrunner

Few things to consider that you may or may not already know. I have been looking hard at this package too for my JK and have called Dynatrac a few times to ask questions haha.

as im sure you know you can only get it with ARBs and 4.88 5.13 or 5.38, It wont work for the rubicon rear D44, it comes with ring and pinion and a master install gear/bearing set for the rear so only needs to be set up no extra parts needed (minus a compressor for the lockers).

One thing that i didnt realize until yesterday was the PR44 in that kit is the 1/2" tube and unlimited housing with the extra caster (im only on like 1.5" of lift right now which poses a slight problem for me in my situation) but if your up around 3" of lift your good to go :thumb: but i have read plenty of folks needing adjustable front upper control arms to dial in the unlimited housing as adjustable front lowers dont go short enough. So if you dont already have those you may or may not need them.

Not sure of your driveshaft situation either but they have the 1310 1350 and the stock flat flange that you can change out easy without messing with pinion preload (i asked since i am still running the stock drive shaft and wanted to know if they could toss in a stock flat flange and they said yes)

WJCO

Meme King
Dynatrac will build the unlimited .500 housing with factory caster if you ask. They did for me. Also, for another few days, if you buy an ARB locker, you get a free compressor. I believe 5/1 is the last day of the offer. Just more food for thought.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Dynatrac will build the unlimited .500 housing with factory caster if you ask. They did for me. Also, for another few days, if you buy an ARB locker, you get a free compressor. I believe 5/1 is the last day of the offer. Just more food for thought.

DYNJK44-1X3010-W is the part number if I'm not mistaken...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

They will build you one with 1/2" tubes and standard caster but NOT for the package price :/ the PR44 that comes in the trail leader and the 44/60 package are the 1/2" tube unlimited housing caster only

I just talked to them on the phone for about 30 mins yesterday asking that question and how to make the unlimited housing work on 1.5" of lift

my quote for a standard caster housing, 1/2" tubes, with an ARB, their shafts, and prosteers was 5400, then their ARB locker and shaft kit is 1800 and doesnt include gears and bearings. So in my case with only 1.5" lift i gotta figure out how to make the unlimited housing work or suck it up and pay over 1k more for the same items with the standard housing, kinda put a wrench in my whole plan, same with reading that people are having to put in all 4 adjustable front control arms to dial in that housing.

WJCO

Meme King
They will build you one with 1/2" tubes and standard caster but NOT for the package price :/ the PR44 that comes in the trail leader and the 44/60 package are the 1/2" tube unlimited housing caster only

I just talked to them on the phone for about 30 mins yesterday asking that question and how to make the unlimited housing work on 1.5" of lift

my quote for a standard caster housing, 1/2" tubes, with an ARB, their shafts, and prosteers was 5400, then their ARB locker and shaft kit is 1800 and doesnt include gears and bearings. So in my case with only 1.5" lift i gotta figure out how to make the unlimited housing work or suck it up and pay over 1k more for the same items with the standard housing, kinda put a wrench in my whole plan, same with reading that people are having to put in all 4 adjustable front control arms to dial in that housing.

I gotcha now. Good news is though, you'll have more caster and still have a good pinion angle. If I were you, I'd install it and go from there. Did Dynatrac suggest doing this? Basically you'd be running 6 degrees caster with a pretty good pinion angle.

desertrunner

I gotcha now. Good news is though, you'll have more caster and still have a good pinion angle. If I were you, I'd install it and go from there. Did Dynatrac suggest doing this? Basically you'd be running 6 degrees caster with a pretty good pinion angle.
Kinda getting off topic for the OP if he is on a bigger lift but in my case they said it will most likely take all 4 adjustable control arms up front and I will still have some bow to the front coils, but he said it would be more of a cosmetic issue than a function issue so I shouldn't worry about it too much (but it's adding more money on top of the trail leader package I wasn't factoring in originally)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The trail leader package is a great way to go if you aren't planning on changing rear any time soon. The free compressor is a major plus, and the package price is really reasonable when you try to piece it together separately. I tried to beat the price and flat out couldn't find a way to do it. I am now running the same package and couldn't be happier that I pulled the trigger. I see your profile says you have a sport, but it is worth noting for others that the package is not compatible with Rubi rear axles.

jorgelrod

Hooked

Take those $1800 and buy a 3" lift then the axle will fit perfectly

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm currently running 2.5 inch spring lift but plan on going to a 4-4.5 long arm kit at the same time as the axles. I already have factored in drivelines so maybe you guys could throw out some recommendations on who builds a good set?
I live local to Tom Woods but I've seen here recently that they are less that ideal. I don't plan on going to a PR60 anytime soon...But most likely will one day when I can afford to do a pair. As for now I don't want to spend any money on the D30 and gears and a locker are a must when I go to 37's anyway and the added benefit of a complete kit with lockers is pretty appealing.

desertrunner

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm currently running 2.5 inch spring lift but plan on going to a 4-4.5 long arm kit at the same time as the axles. I already have factored in drivelines so maybe you guys could throw out some recommendations on who builds a good set?
I live local to Tom Woods but I've seen here recently that they are less that ideal. I don't plan on going to a PR60 anytime soon...But most likely will one day when I can afford to do a pair. As for now I don't want to spend any money on the D30 and gears and a locker are a must when I go to 37's anyway and the added benefit of a complete kit with lockers is pretty appealing.

OH yeah you are golden then! hop on the deal for the free compressor while its still good and you will have a nice set up, and with any luck ill be buying that same package here in a few months :thumb:

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I would suggest saving up and going to the full-float axles. Having the PR44 up front and OEM in the rear with upgraded shafts, I feel too invested to sell off what I have and go to Full Float 60's.

Like you, Im tough on my jeep. I've broke the rear ring&pinion twice in two years and have bent the rear flanges. I would rather upgrade to a full-float PR60/XD60, but then I have to buy new wheels and upgrade the front axle.

Thanks for all the good feedbackk. Ive decided to hold off until I can swing a PR60/PR60FF package. Buy once cry once I guess. After going back through some of the WAYALIFE vids Ive seen where a lot of the guys ended up with the PR60's anyway after breaking the 44's and more than once. So, for now, any advice on long arm kits and driveshafts?

tgoss

Thanks for all the good feedbackk. Ive decided to hold off until I can swing a PR60/PR60FF package. Buy once cry once I guess. After going back through some of the WAYALIFE vids Ive seen where a lot of the guys ended up with the PR60's anyway after breaking the 44's and more than once. So, for now, any advice on long arm kits and driveshafts?

Brilliant move dude. You aren't not going to regret that decision I promise you. And who knows what products will be available at the time you purchase those... When I did my PR44 and PR60 semi float a year ago it was effectively the same price as the hardcore package I just bought. And to think if I could have just waited a year I would be swinging a XD60/PR80 in the rig right now instead. FML.

Top Bottom