Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EVO Skins came in!

Been Around the Block FuriousDz's Avatar

EVO Skins came in!

Evo rock skins came in so I will be doing this next weekend. Looks like its the newer version with the evo laser cut on the center piece rather than the skull on the front part.

skins2.jpg
    skins1.jpg

Read through most of the threads on here about the install so Ill be picking up this

astro.jpg

If anyone has any other tips Id love to hear them as this will be my first time using that tool as well. I thought I read someone mention plasti-diping the backs of the skins to simulate a gasket so Im going to do that as well.

Should be a fun couple of weeks, sliders should be in next week and I have my install for the 3"enforcer w/draglink flip scheduled for the week after

sorry about the large pics, guess I shouldve resized first

Nice! I actually like the EVO cutout better than the skull. I've used red locktite in the past to do the same thing as the plastidip but the later might be a better solution.

Thanks Eddie! I agree about liking the evo cutout better than the skulls as well. Would you suggest still using a line of silicone to seal it to the body even with the plasti-dip?

Im assuming the nut cert tool is pretty straight forward to use, from what Ive read it makes a big difference in the install.

Looks good, take your time. They look easier than the corners...which were a pain in the ass. Use several clamps and I would also suggest a step or unibit. Silicone the holes. I do not see a reason or need to plasti-dip the back side. There is going to be a space due to them resting on the serts and not on the body. It is powder coated on the backside right? Practice on the tool if you have some sheetmetal around first. Have fun!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Practice doing an insert or two on a scrap piece of sheet metal. The amount of pull-through the Astro tool has is enough to pull all the threads out of the insert. There is an adjustment on the tool that lessens that amount of pull.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oil the tool. Mine came bone dry. Lubed it up good and it made the nutzerts easy. I also really took my time to make sure my pilot holes were perfectly centered. Not a good feeling when you go to bolt it on and a hole is off.

Thanks or the advice guys.

Yes both sides are powder coated. As for the step bit, since you only drill through the first wall of sheet metal Im assuming I need to make sure its not too long before I get to the desired size without hitting the second wall correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    "Lubed it up good"

Yes!!! By all means!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousDz View Post
    Thanks or the advice guys.

Yes both sides are powder coated. As for the step bit, since you only drill through the first wall of sheet metal Im assuming I need to make sure its not too long before I get to the desired size without hitting the second wall correct?
    You can wrap tape around it to mark your depth. I used regular drill bits for first side and using the uni-bit on other and it went more smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    You can wrap tape around it to mark your depth. I used regular drill bits for first side and using the uni-bit on other and it went more smooth.
    got it, thank you!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast