JT Wrangler Pick-Up Production Truck Bed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're finally getting closer to see what the all new Jeep JT Wrangler is going to look like. Joel Stockdale posted up a bunch of spy photos that clearly show a production truck bed and I think it's gonna look good! What do you think? :cool:

Jeep Wrangler pickup spy photos reveal production truck bed
By Joel Stockdale

cdauto-jeeppickup-42717-2-1.jpg

The last time we saw the Wrangler pickup undergoing testing, it was sporting a strange pre-production bed that looked as though it had been pulled off a Ram 1500. It seems development has progressed since then, because, despite the heavy camouflage, the Wrangler in these spy photos is definitely carrying a production-ready bed.

Unlike the earlier test bed, this bed has sides that are the same width as the cab, and the top of the bed matches up with the body line on the cab. The bed is properly boxy and straight-edged like a Wrangler, too. It looks quite good, and actually very similar to the custom AEV Brute. However, unlike the Brute, the traditional plastic wheel arch flares seen below the camo extend farther forward, and the angle of the flares' forward edges match those of the rear doors.

See the whole article on Autoblog here:
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/27/...os-reveal-production-truck-bed/#slide-5007006

jeeeep

Hooked
I was out looking at trucks last night - with the hail storms we've had I'm out looking for a deal - but a Jeep truck, hmmm I do like the prototype and if it has a decent power plant...

blacker1

How ironic, I just saw this rig along with the JL sitting in wraps at a light on Telegraph at Square Lake Rd. here in Michigan yesterday morning on my way into work. This particular intersection is just 5 or so minutes southwest of the FCA Tech Center here in Auburn Hills. If I wasn't in motion in the opposite direction, I would've snapped a few pics myself.

wario

Sharp rig, but it seems like it's gonna need a significant lift to offset that departure angle if you're going to crawl it. :rolleyes2:

DP1120

Looks much better than the original spy shots with the bed that seemed to come off of something else and slapped together.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Ah man that's gonna be sweet!! Diesel please? Would love to be able to tow my Rock Crawler Jeep with my Jeep truck.:2thumbsup:

kgxi08

I think we're finally getting closer to see what the all new Jeep JT Wrangler is going to look like. Joel Stockdale posted up a bunch of spy photos that clearly show a production truck bed and I think it's gonna look good! What do you think? :cool:

See the whole article on Autoblog here:
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/27/...os-reveal-production-truck-bed/#slide-5007006
This is excellent! It's going to be a crowd pleaser for sure. I don't think they can get it wrong considering what they have in their corner. [emoji57]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Looks like a stock watered down AEV Brute. Unfortunately, for me anyway, I'm guessing it won't actually perform like a truck if one is looking for a truck and it won't wheel as good as a JKU unless one dumps a significant chunk of change into overcoming approach, break over and departure angles plus all the normal upgrades. The classic "tweener"! Will be interesting to watch sales over the next few years. Bottom line is it's never bad to see a new jeep offering!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is excellent! It's going to be a crowd pleaser for sure. I don't think they can get it wrong considering what they have in their corner. [emoji57]

The only way I can see them going wrong is if the price point for it is set too high. Being that it'll be a mid-size truck, it'll need to be priced at about the same point as a Tacoma or Colorado to be marketable beyond the Jeep fan base. Anything more and you'll be in full size truck territory and it'll be a hard sell outside of a small audience.

Cobound

Sharp rig, but it seems like it's gonna need a significant lift to offset that departure angle if you're going to crawl it. :rolleyes2:

As is the case w/ any stock Jeep...sure, can wheel, but to really perform it needs a mod or two...per se. My Scrambler had a significant lift and it still caught the departure on damn near everything. I'm sure the new design will take this into account much better than you think. And, honestly, let's be real...the majority of the people buying them won't be concerned about it. Sadly, for the rest of us in the game.

Sweet. I'll take a 2 door x model with the diesel please.

Wishful thinking. No way they do a 2 door version, the market would never warrant...just convert the current 2 door into an 8 and be done. Diesel, more likely to happen than a 2 door version.

Looks like a stock watered down AEV Brute. Unfortunately, for me anyway, I'm guessing it won't actually perform like a truck if one is looking for a truck and it won't wheel as good as a JKU unless one dumps a significant chunk of change into overcoming approach, break over and departure angles plus all the normal upgrades. The classics "tweeter"! Will be interesting to watch sales over the next few years.
WAYALIFE mobile app

My fear as well, a watered down AEV version...which makes me want the Brute even more! I'm guessing the Brute's prices will hold strong, be damn near as unattainable used as they are now new. I am truly excited to see it unveiled, really want to see this and have for so long! Can't see it being a replacement for my Ram or my JKUR tho, if one is wanting a single vehicle.

The anticipation grows,

B

Top Bottom