Prorock 9/16 Lug Nuts

PATRIOTKJM

Mcguard or Gorilla or what are you running on your prorocks. Looks like anything decent is 150 to 200 bucks. hex or spline?

Bigjimbo

I went eBay - sdwheelcorp - and got their 32 Black 9/16 Duplex XXL Closed Ended Lug Nuts 1994-2010 for $27 shipped. They are 2.3" long.

Initial thoughts is the fit and finish looks good but still waiting on my new gear to arrive, so I haven't bolted them up. If they suck I'm only out $30.

Last edited:

tgoss

I'm going to try and run the same gorilla "system" on the new axles that I'm currently using for my wheels now. I've been really happy with it, I just hope the key will fit without me fvcking my wheels up but I'll check that once they get back from powder coat this week.

*Edit, the size of these with the key fit the trailready wheels perfectly. I just hope they are long enough for the lugs on the axles as I see most everyone has 3" length nuts and these are only 2"... Might be a little short, story of my life.

81DO2GKaygL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Finn Sizzle

I'm going to try and run the same gorilla "system" on the new axles that I'm currently using for my wheels now. I've been really happy with it, I just hope the key will fit without me fvcking my wheels up but I'll check that once they get back from powder coat this week.

*Edit, the size of these with the key fit the trailready wheels perfectly. I just hope they are long enough for the lugs on the axles as I see most everyone has 3" length nuts and these are only 2"... Might be a little short, story of my life.

View attachment 256189

How did it work out for you? I have the TR HD beadlocks as well (slim ring) and will be installing them on the axles when I get them installed. Was the 2" enough or are they too close and should have gone with the 3"? I need to get mine ordered.

Bigjimbo

The 2.3” I got are plenty long.

After a few months on the jeep and three tire rotations I can’t recommend the ones I bought. The finish is cracking and they are deteriorating fast. The eBay seller did give me a full refund.

My TR HD17s with the 2.3” lugs.

IMG_1866.JPG

Deacon

Anyone know the length of these - I see them recommended a few times ????

How did it work out for you? I have the TR HD beadlocks as well (slim ring) and will be installing them on the axles when I get them installed. Was the 2" enough or are they too close and should have gone with the 3"? I need to get mine ordered.

Which lug nuts did you go with ?

The 2.3” I got are plenty long.

After a few months on the jeep and three tire rotations I can’t recommend the ones I bought. The finish is cracking and they are deteriorating fast. The eBay seller did give me a full refund.

My TR HD17s with the 2.3” lugs.

View attachment 284200

Did you end up replacing them ?

So sometimes things just suck - I finished my PRO Rock axle install last week - waited a week for my Adams 1350 driveshafts - pulled out of the driveway and realized something wasnt right - pulled back in the garage - jacked up the back of the jeep and realized the tires I had torqued down were awful loose ---darn it - bought the wrong size lug nuts back in June that measured 1.7" long - frustrated I ordered these Link which measured 2" - paid extra to have them here next day - Installed them------ARGH still too short again --- this is on the rear axles......
now its Thursday and looks like Im looking at next before I can get the right lugs --- give me some links ?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Anyone know the length of these - I see them recommended a few times ????

Which lug nuts did you go with ?

Did you end up replacing them ?

So sometimes things just suck - I finished my PRO Rock axle install last week - waited a week for my Adams 1350 driveshafts - pulled out of the driveway and realized something wasnt right - pulled back in the garage - jacked up the back of the jeep and realized the tires I had torqued down were awful loose ---darn it - bought the wrong size lug nuts back in June that measured 1.7" long - frustrated I ordered these Link which measured 2" - paid extra to have them here next day - Installed them------ARGH still too short again --- this is on the rear axles......
now its Thursday and looks like Im looking at next before I can get the right lugs --- give me some links ?

The gorilla lug nuts that Highoctane suggested above are the one's you want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

Bigjimbo

I’m still using them, they just look like crap up close.

$27 shipped for 32 i got cheap quality metal - which I expected at less than a buck a lug. I will replace them eventually, but I don’t drive a show jeep, I just want it safe and reliable.

IMO the 2.3” lugnuts are a tad too long. They keep the socket off the powder coat though.

Last edited:

aTX427

Finn Sizzle

Just wanted to share with everyone that I tried the 2” DP accessories lugs and they were just too short. I ultimately went with the 3” Gorilla lugs (as earlier recommended). Good to roll!

Image1530495828.865652.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MericaMade

Bringing up a old thread being the lugnuts fell off my radar during my build. Are the gorillas still the go to for lugs on the 60s or has something new popped up?

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom