3.5 jspec suspension, DIY, am I crazy?

Chris1015

Hey guys,

Some of you may know from my older posts I am very new to wrenching on vehicles. Please pardon any ignorance.

My plan is to rig up the suspension myself and trek out to Colorado on stock tires. This way, I'll save money on labor rates. Does anyone see any fault here? Any recommendations for this process? Has anyone done it? Any and all responses welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Hey guys,

Some of you may know from my older posts I am very new to wrenching on vehicles. Please pardon any ignorance.

My plan is to rig up the suspension myself and trek out to Colorado on stock tires. This way, I'll save money on labor rates. Does anyone see any fault here? Any recommendations for this process? Has anyone done it? Any and all responses welcome!

By rig up what do you mean? Install or fabrication?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
One word of advice. When you start, jack up the Jeep as high as you can and put larger jack stands under the frame. This will make it much easier to install the kit. Get it as high as you can. GraniteCrystal did that same kit in a garage by himself.

Chris1015

One word of advice. When you start, jack up the Jeep as high as you can and put larger jack stands under the frame. This will make it much easier to install the kit. Get it as high as you can. GraniteCrystal did that same kit in a garage by himself.
How many stands do you think I need total?

GraniteCrystal

Yep, I installed that myself in my garage. Takes some time. Especially since it's your first time, give yourself an entire weekend. Also get 4 large jack stands from Harbor Freight or somewhere. A few small ones come in handy too, for holding up the axle at various times.

There are pics and notes in my build thread if you get stuck. Table of contents on page 1.

Chris1015

Yep, I installed that myself in my garage. Takes some time. Especially since it's your first time, give yourself an entire weekend. Also get 4 large jack stands from Harbor Freight or somewhere. A few small ones come in handy too, for holding up the axle at various times.

There are pics and notes in my build thread if you get stuck. Table of contents on page 1.
I have a friend who works at volkswagon. He claims I could use the garage at that joint to hoist-er up

Top Bottom