King shocks travel with EVO enforcer 4"

Guascone

Hi, I'm waiting for the EVO enforcer kit 4".
I have just to understand if my shocks can work correctly with that coils...
How many travel have usually the king shocks that come with the 4" enforcer kit?

My shocks are Walker Evans 2.0 with 11" of travel...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guascone

Someone of you can measure this length please? It will help me to understand(in advance to the enforcer kit receival) if my front shocks have enough space to work correctly...

Thanks!

IMG_3719.JPG

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

You're asking for the formula to a bunch of variables. I believe you will wind up with about 9 or 10 inches of suspension travel. This I believe is the average amount for coils. Every jeep yields a slightly different amount of travel though.

Guascone

Thanks for the answer!
I know that the solution will come after the lift will be assembled but I have this shock that I love as a settings and I would like to adapt them to the new lift.
They have 11" of travel.
Now they are assembled as on the image and I would like to install a eyelet on the shaft to adjust the right amount of up travel and install them upside down ( like king shocks or fox)...
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0151.JPG

I only scarried that with the eyelet thy will be too long... this is the reason why I asking the value on the previews image...:)

Last edited:

Guascone

What coils are on there now? Are they supposed to be longer or shorter that what you are putting on?

That coils are Ortech Suspension 2.5".
Now I bought a EVO enforcer kit with 4" plush ride coils...I hope that they will be long enougth...this is the reason why I'm asking the lenght and the travel of the king shock that are used on the EVO kit.
Looking on the King website, seems that the shocks for 3"-5" lift have about 11" of trvavel but I don't find the distance from the top of the mounting (on the jk frame) to the start of the shaft (or the King body lenght).

Nic Try

I have the 4' with evo king 2.5's. it gets about 11" of travel. Enough that you need driveshafts front and rear, im running it with 37" BFG ATs.

I started with the mopar 3" with fox 2.0 res shocks. That kit really sucked- the evo kit is really impressive... i kinda wish i did coilovers, for no reason other than the adjustability, but i have no regrets.....

Make sure your done with the 2.5's, otherwise save for coilovers.

Guascone

I have the 4' with evo king 2.5's. it gets about 11" of travel. Enough that you need driveshafts front and rear, im running it with 37" BFG ATs.

I started with the mopar 3" with fox 2.0 res shocks. That kit really sucked- the evo kit is really impressive... i kinda wish i did coilovers, for no reason other than the adjustability, but i have no regrets.....

Make sure your done with the 2.5's, otherwise save for coilovers.

Thanks!
Coilover is my dream, but here in Italy they are too much expansive and none have the experience to assembly them right.

I alredy bought a new driveshaft...I would like to adapt my shocks because I love them. They are adjustable and are very sensitive for every click...If I'm luckie, I have only to add an eyelet to the shock shaft ...

JeepJeep75

Just looked at your pics, are you certain that those shocks can be run upside down? Have you tried compressing the shock completely and then let it relax completely in the upside down position? Just asking because some shocks have a mixture of gas and oil inside, and if run upside down the gas gets in the valving, which makes it go soft.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Considering you're in Italy, I would just test your new coils with your existing shocks first. You can measure how much down travel you're getting and compare that to the known length of your shock shaft to see how much (if any) you're losing. You could either replace your shocks then or consider adding shock shaft extensions. You may lose some uptravel with them, but you'd gain downtravel.

110164.jpg

Teraflex Front Shock Extension

Guascone

Considering you're in Italy, I would just test your new coils with your existing shocks first. You can measure how much down travel you're getting and compare that to the known length of your shock shaft to see how much (if any) you're losing. You could either replace your shocks then or consider adding shock shaft extensions. You may lose some uptravel with them, but you'd gain downtravel.

View attachment 256505

Teraflex Front Shock Extension

Yes, the idea of the eyelet is born when I was evaluating how I could replace the lost up travel due to the higher coils...for sure I can evaluate it after the kit receival but it could be useful some benchmarking... :)

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The new upper and lower mounts to flip the shock would take up some space but you are going up about an inch and a half. I'd hate to swear to it, but it looks like you'll be fine with what you're attempting with the length. At least, if I understand it all correctly. I've seen the upper eye style adapters but not the lower pin. I am wondering how the lowers are going to mount to what is right now, the top of the shock.

JAGS

Hooked
You might lose a bit of travel, as compared with a proper length shock, but you could always use limiting straps if the shock is not long enough for the 4" coils.

Guascone

The new upper and lower mounts to flip the shock would take up some space but you are going up about an inch and a half. I'd hate to swear to it, but it looks like you'll be fine with what you're attempting with the length. At least, if I understand it all correctly. I've seen the upper eye style adapters but not the lower pin. I am wondering how the lowers are going to mount to what is right now, the top of the shock.

Thanks for your answare!
in order to mount the shocks upside down I'm building an eyelet that will be screwed on the shaft (I have only to increase he thred lenght on the shaft)...
here the eyelet drawing:

Immagine.jpg

You might lose a bit of travel, as compared with a proper length shock, but you could always use limiting straps if the shock is not long enough for the 4" coils.

Thanks! This is also a good idea!
I think that it is also useful to preserve the shocks from extreme fast extention...

Guascone

Finally tested lift and shocks...
This is the upper travel that I can not use...2”

IMG_0191.jpg

What do you think? Should I modify the shock mount or should I leave it so?

WJCO

Meme King
Finally tested lift and shocks...
This is the upper travel that I can not use...2”

What do you think? Should I modify the shock mount or should I leave it so?

So with your axle pad bottoming out on your bump stop cup (not the rubber), you still have 2 inches left on the shock? Me personally, I would leave it, but if you're really picky, you could probably remove another inch of bump stop extension.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So with your axle pad bottoming out on your bump stop cup (not the rubber), you still have 2 inches left on the shock? Me personally, I would leave it, but if you're really picky, you could probably remove another inch of bump stop extension.

Agreed, I would prob leave it as well

Top Bottom