!fraud alert russell westbrook jeep van nuys, ca!

Shantz

Oh where oh where to begin!? August 2016 my Check Engine(CE) and Electric Throttle Control(ETC) Light came on in my 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKU. I took it to my mechanic, he ran the codes, couple hours later he tells me that it is a bad catalytic and throttle control. He informed me that he does not work on electrical or exhaust and that I would need to go to the dealership. I made an appointment and headed to Russell Westbrook Jeep in Van Nuys, CA. Dropped the Jeep off August 30th paid $150 for them to diagnose the problem. After two days they told me that the problem was the right side manifold and that the throttle control needs to be replaced. The total bill was going to be $2073. WOW, that's a lot of money. I asked him, will this take care of the problems or should I think about trading it in, since I have 188,000 miles on it. He told me not to worry, this will fix it. Also, I informed him that my cruise control had not been working for the past year, I asked if I spend this money, will this fix everything. He said yes... everything will be perfect, his words. I approved the work estimate, they went off to fix everything. On September 6th I get a phone call telling me my Jeep was ready. I pay the $2073 and off I go.

36 hours later, I try the cruise control, the CE and ETC Light come back on, cruise control did not work. I head back to the dealer September 9th, they spent 5 days looking it over. On the 5th day, I called the service advisor to see what was going, since I haven't heard anything from them. He informed me that the new throttle control was defective and they will replace it free of charge, very nice of them. Now on to the cruise control and the CE Light. He told me that I need a new PCM and that it will cost $872. WOW, are we sure that this will fix everything... my credit card is getting close to maxed. He said no worries, everything will be perfect, his words again. 13 days after dropping the Jeep off (September 22nd) I get a phone call telling me that it was ready for pick up. I pay the $872 and off I go.

The Jeep is working great, I test the cruise control immediately, works perfect!

8 days later, while using the cruise control, my door locks start cycling off and on as I am driving, and when I turn the ignition off and pull out the key, the Jeep keeps running for a further minute before shutting off, and the CE light came back on. I call the dealer Friday September 30th, we set an appointment for first thing Monday, October 3rd 8am.

I dropped the vehicle off, the service advisor tells me to give them about a week to go over the vehicle to find the problem. They gave me a loaner car while they are fixing the problem. I inform him that I do not want the Jeep back until you can guarantee that it is running perfectly, because I don't want to come back again. He said we will do our best, but this time he is not assuring me that it will be perfect. After thoroughly looking over the vehicle, I was told that the CE light was triggered because the left side manifold is now bad and that I will PROBABLY need a new catalytic converter. To replace them will cost you around $1800, but since you're having all these problems, we'll do it for $1400. WHAT!!!! You told me not to worry, that everything will be fix perfect. At that point... I SWEAR TO GOD, HE SAID "You know this Jeep has close to 190,000 miles on it, you may want to think about trading it in." WHAT!!! That's exactly what I said to you a month ago when I first brought it in to be repaired, before dropping close to $3000 and maxing out my credit card. I informed him that I don't have the money, and that I won't have the money until I get my tax return in April. He said ok, when you get the money, we will fix it for you.

April 2017, I get my tax return, make an appointment to finish the job that was left undone. April 27th 8am I head back to Russell Westbrook Jeep Van Nuys, CA. I inform a new service advisor that my Jeep was here before, and that I need to get the manifold, and catalytic replaced, you can pull up my history; clearly she wasn't listening to a word I said, as she made a phone call about another customer to the tech while I stood there, and then proceeded to ask me if I was here for the recall issue (you cannot make this up). When she followed me outside to check the vehicle in, she walked up to a black Dodge Charger and asked if that was my vehicle, no points for attention to detail. I also informed her that my ETC light has randomly come on 3 times since they replaced the throttle control back in October, can you look into it please. I call back around 1pm to see how things are going, she said she will check with the tech give her 15 minutes or so. I call back at 3pm since I haven't heard anything back. She told me that I need a new manifold, and catalytic, and that it will be $1873 plus tax. I told her that the last service adviser told me that they would do it for $1400 because they had the Jeep for 37 days, and never got the CE light to come off after I paid $3000 for repairs. I asked to speak to a manager, she said that she will contact him and get back to me. Close to 5 o' clock, I have not heard anything back, I make another call to see if she had spoke with her manager. She said that she did, and that the total bill was $1873 plus tax, and that is the best they can do. I said can I speak to the manager. She said yes, I will transfer you over to his voice mail. I said I don't want to leave a message, I want to speak to the manager. She said he is busy, and that I can leave a message, and he will call me right back. Left my message at 5pm. After an hour, with no return call, I head back to the dealer. I go straight to the service advisor and ask her if the manager was still there and did he make any changes to the estimate. She said no, it still $1873 plus tax. I told her that I want me Jeep back, and that I will not be coming back. She said ok, and told the tech to button up the Jeep, so that I could be on my way. The next day, April 28th, I head to a exhaust repair shop. He puts it on the rack, I watch him raise it up... he lets me walk under the vehicle to inspect it with him. He shows me the cracked manifold from the bottom, then he notices that the heat shield is loose, he taps it, and it falls right off. They didn't even bolt the heat shield back on... just set it back in place next to the starter. UNBELIEVABLE... DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO RUSSELL WESTBROOK JEEP VAN NUYS, CA... YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!!!

:mad::banghead::gaah::furious3:

Shantz

The worst part is it's still not fixed. The new exhaust shop I took it to yesterday replaced the left manifold for $450, he said we'll start here and see if that keeps the engine light off. Engine light came back on after 30 miles, so I'm moving on to the catalytic next week, and the ETC light came on again last night. You'd think $3500 should fix any problem. Just so pissed off right now.

dillard09

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. And I'm sure if you would have know it was going to be that much from the start you could have traded it in or just saved a bit more for and LS swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

That sucks, man. Unfortunately, that sounds like the same story I go through every time I go to a dealer for anything. I only go there for recalls now and that's only if they're really important. Good luck getting it back on the road!

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shantz

The LS swap was on the table... pisses me off. I'm now going to have to spend around 5 grand to get it fixed, that's a fourth of the way to the LS... live and learn. Very hard lesson!

scrota76

Try contacting Chrysler corporate. Send them everything you described above. Give them all the names you have. Throw them down and throw em down hard. They will probably contact you to get a further statement, then contact the dealership owner. Although it wasnt the same dealership you dealt with, i did this in the past and actually got parts money given back to me, approximately $600 for an ecm. Just an idea. Sorry you had to go through this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shantz

Try contacting Chrysler corporate. Send them everything you described above. Give them all the names you have. Throw them down and throw em down hard. They will probably contact you to get a further statement, then contact the dealership owner. Although it wasnt the same dealership you dealt with, i did this in the past and actually got parts money given back to me, approximately $600 for an ecm. Just an idea. Sorry you had to go through this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanx man... I'll look for an FCA contact... doesn't hurt to try.

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Thanx man... I'll look for an FCA contact... doesn't hurt to try.

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code
Since we have met and you know I write service and work for a dealer I'm going to tell you two things - 1. BAR is just a reporting agency and really does nothing. 2. Go legal but don't say that up front as the dealer will stop talking to you. Contact the General Manager see him that's where you start. Honestly speaking though this will be a he said she said so start with the GM and work your way from there. PM me if you need anything.

At the end of the day if the diagnosis supports what they sold you then there's not much you can do on your side. The fact that they made some promises and didn't follow through need to be documented so if it was a text or an email or on a quote you need to have that otherwise it's just an argument.

Get to the GM

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom