Savvy Half Doors

Kapica

Half Doors

Looking for some feedback from anyone running Savvy Half doors. I found this picture in another build thread so hopefully this member will chime in.

AllAmericanInfidel's Jeep

From what i have seen and heard savy half doors are made very well. They fit very tight and do not rattle. I was just looking at them on someones jeep the other day and was very impressed overall. :thumb:

Desert Crawler

IMG_0383.JPG
I love the look, fit and quality of mine. There are some little tricks to keep them rattle free. Only downsides are they are not cheap and I had to wait awhile for mine as they Savvy had redone the latches and the new ones were on back order at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

I know they have 2 generations of doors with the 1st gen having no exterior door handle. I am interested in finding out how you guys are keeping them from making noise? Are you using the Savvy hinges or factory hinges and will they accept a hinge lock? The other half doors I'm looking at are Rock Slide Engineering. I like them for the more refined interior look but at double to cost of the Savvy I'm not sure they are worth it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking for some feedback from anyone running Savvy Half doors. I found this picture in another build thread so hopefully this member will chime in.

AllAmericanInfidel's Jeep

My opinion of the Savvy doors are that they are very well made, and very simple. I like the clean looks of them, and the fact that they are US made. I use aftermarket replacement hinges with them. One thing I will say is, it does take a while to dial them in for no squeaks or rattles. I did a lot of adjusting, and ended up using washers as spacers to get one to sit flush. I had them squeak and rattle free for a while, but after taking them off because of all the rain we've had lately here, I put them back on and they are rattling again quite badly. I'll have to adjust them again once I get them back on and see if that works.
Honestly, the best half doors I have owned this far are the factory Mopar half doors. They look great and fit and finish is awesome. If I were to do it again, without uppers I would look at M and M off-road' blackout doors or Strike Force Zebra half doors. Hopefully STZ will come out with some uppers soon for their half doors. If they do that, those will move to the top of my list. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

g00se04

I have been running the savvy half doors almost all summer last year and plan to do the same this year. With the bestop windows in driving on the highway the road noise is a little loader but thats to be expected. One upgrade I did that helped was to buy a set of factory hinges. The doors are well made and do not make any noise going down the road. The only downside I can see is that they are not lockable.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have run both Gen 1 and Gen 2 (old Gen 2 before the Bestop uppers would work) and I really like them.
As many have mentioned getting that latch perfect does take a little work.
I got a set that was preBestop uppers compatible.
The rears easily fit, the fronts I had to do some drilling/modifications. But it is all good now.

I had them body coated gloss black and look sharp.
If I recall I used TJ mirrors from Amazon.

IMG_20160518_143000536_zpsycnoodjb.jpg

LasVegasJK

I like mine. Super light, fit well, look good. I have the Rugged Ridge upper compatible units. But, I don't have uppers. So I can't say anything about the fit of upper doors. IMG_2374.jpg

RSQCON

For those of you running the Savvy doors have you come up with a way to affix a bag or anything to the interior of it for storage?

woof359

uppers

do you have the same problem I have with them? the best top uppers pull away at about 30 MPH and letting the rain in

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
PROS:

-made in USA, fairly priced
-very lightweight and durable
-looks way better painted than plastic options
-extra interior space
-top sill is an awesome arm rest

CONS:

-not lockable (doesn't really matter with soft uppers)
-no seal, moisture and air will get in
-the rugged ridge uppers I got fit horrible
-rattles at the latch to body are inevitable
-takes a lot of work to get them fitting right on each jeep

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So in regard to the bold below I have heard this works, but I haven't used it yet. Been in my "wish list" for a year. Ha!

hXXps://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NDR2B5O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=12RB43MVQ2DWX&coliid=I1RBA14KX5P0BH&psc=1

(If you are old school I changed the link above, not too sure they are allowed)

:beer:

PROS:

-made in USA, fairly priced
-very lightweight and durable
-looks way better painted than plastic options
-extra interior space
-top sill is an awesome arm rest

CONS:

-not lockable (doesn't really matter with soft uppers)
-no seal, moisture and air will get in
-the rugged ridge uppers I got fit horrible
-rattles at the latch to body are inevitable
-takes a lot of work to get them fitting right on each jeep

Top Bottom