Limp mode .. no CEL??

Yeti2013

First off let me fill you in on the changes. 2013 wrangler JKU with 18,016 miles. Everything was fine on my regular 35's and3:73 setup with an AEV pro cal. I built a DV-8 housing, ARB locker, RCV 35 spline axles, Reid knuckles, temkin unit bearings , Revolution 4:88 gearing. Out back Yukon automatic locker, 4:88 Revolution gearing, new wheel sensors from local Napa.
Absolutely no problem before this change. Reprogram the jeep with AEV pro cal after a battery disconnect to be on the safe side. I can drive the jeep for about 20 miles and all is good, making a number of stops and turns. Then it appears to go in 2nd only and I loose capability to use bump shift. No CEL.. no code??? I can restart and it's fine for another 20. Any ideas?? Maybe the rear napa sensors or rear locker? I've seen several JK's out this way running the auto Yukons so this has kind of stumped me.

Basscat

First off let me fill you in on the changes. 2013 wrangler JKU with 18,016 miles. Everything was fine on my regular 35's and3:73 setup with an AEV pro cal. I built a DV-8 housing, ARB locker, RCV 35 spline axles, Reid knuckles, temkin unit bearings , Revolution 4:88 gearing. Out back Yukon automatic locker, 4:88 Revolution gearing, new wheel sensors from local Napa.
Absolutely no problem before this change. Reprogram the jeep with AEV pro cal after a battery disconnect to be on the safe side. I can drive the jeep for about 20 miles and all is good, making a number of stops and turns. Then it appears to go in 2nd only and I loose capability to use bump shift. No CEL.. no code??? I can restart and it's fine for another 20. Any ideas?? Maybe the rear napa sensors or rear locker? I've seen several JK's out this way running the auto Yukons so this has kind of stumped me.

Go on the AEV website (forum) and read about reprogramming. I thought I saw a message about that? Thread should be right at the top.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
you may need to load the stock program back in, disconnect the battery then connect the battery after the ECU has had time to clear and load in your new settings.

be sure to measure the tire height from the ground up to center of the hub and double it.

Yeti2013

Doing that now. I will let it sit all day while I'm at work to make sure it clears.
I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks

J

JKDream

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's your auto locker causing the issues. Auto lockers and ESP will limp mode a 2012+.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Are the auto lockers something you bought and had installed or were they recommended to you by a shop?

Yeti2013

I purchased it due to the fact that I was doing a gear swap, when I got in the spider gears on my LSD were chipping. It was a spur of the moment thing because I wasn't really ready to totally build the rear yet. I had just finished building a complete new front Axle, went to 37's and new wheels. The vendor I purchased it from did not have the fine print listed on the site, it just said fits 07-17 jk. I have an ARB on the way should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeti2013

Thanks for the replies and help. I installed the ARB yesterday with no issues other than a little hard work on resetting the gears up to the new locker and tapping for the airline. Backlash was spot on and paint markings were dead centered! Test drive went great with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear everything worked out for you even thought it took a few extra steps. Sounds like at least you have the skills to not to have paid labor, which is quite a bit of the cost overall for many of us.

Top Bottom