Pictures of your winch control box engine bay mounted!

In search of pictures/ideas to mount the winch control box in the engine bay.. mine doesn't fit in my front bumper (X2O 10k smittybilt winch) and trying to figure out where I should put it in my engine bay.. I have the SPOD and vacuum pump relocated driver side along the fender so not too much room over there right now. Was thinking squeezing it next to the battery on the driver side of the battery but not sure.. ideas? Pictures appreciated!

raven12

Following. Space is really at a premium in there. I've seen posts of people making brackets and mounting above the battery. There should still be enough clearance.

desertrunner

Does that mean you have to open the hood every time you need to winch? Seems like a bit of a pain especially if you are stuck in an awkward angle or need to see from the drivers seat while winching. If there is a way to mount it in there and run the controller through the grill that could work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

No I have the warn wireless winch controller
Ahhhh well there ya go makes way more sence I was just picturing the few times I have had to really use my winch one was on a pretty steep hill if I had to open my hood it would have SUCKED but the wireless controller would be sweet!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
This is how I did mine. Solenoids are mounted on a new bracket below the grille behind the winch and the plug for the remote is mounted on a plate so it sticks out the bottom of the centre grille slot.
IMG_3568.jpg
You can just see the connections on the solenoids below the grille in the picture. It's been this way for about 12 months and is still working great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is your photo of chinamens gulch in colorado? I have the exact photo with my jeep.. haha - also, I do not have wireless but I am hooking up a switch to control the winch under my steering wheel so just trying to hide the control box in the engine bay somewhere.. I still would be able to hook up the wired controller if I wanted to though.

Ahhhh well there ya go makes way more sence I was just picturing the few times I have had to really use my winch one was on a pretty steep hill if I had to open my hood it would have SUCKED but the wireless controller would be sweet!

Top Bottom