Jeep is pulling wayyy hard

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, my Jeep pulls slightly to the right in normal driving and sharply left when braking. My theory is a jacked up right caliper or brake line because it's been 65 degrees for weeks and today it's 85 so something that was close to the edge may have expanded and finished itself off. Any thoughts? I already have a front end alignment and a rotation scheduled for Friday.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Other info is that I have rear drum and front disc brakes. I replaced the disk brakes last spring and I havnt touched the drums because well... I shouldn't have to for a long time.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lank

I had a real nasty pull while braking when one of my front calipers seized. If that's the issue, most of the time the rim of the seized side will get much hotter to the touch than the other after a short drive.

I don't where youre located but on the east coast it's relatively common

Sent from my Nexus 5X using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I had a real nasty pull while braking when one of my front calipers seized. If that's the issue, most of the time the rim of the seized side will get much hotter to the touch than the other after a short drive.

I don't where youre located but on the east coast it's relatively common

Sent from my Nexus 5X using WAYALIFE mobile app
I finally narrowed it down to my right caliper. I have a slight right pull when just driving indicating a dragging right caliper and a sharp pull to the left when braking indicating a not engaging right caliper. It's super hot when I stop and I just had alignment and rotation done next Friday so it's off to Napa for me. Lucky me I work there so it's a relatively cheap replacement.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom