Rear Cargo Outlet

DVLDOG

Mine did not come with a hot outlet in the back, but I am guessing it is wired for it. Anyone install an outlet back there and make it hot? Looking for guidance on the steps.

Sank ya!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesrw30

I think I have read that the wiring is there you just have get the outlet. From my understanding, every WJ has the wiring for options it didn't come with (i.e. fog lights and the like), you just have to get the parts to put the factory wiring onto.

WJCO

Meme King
Also if you want, it's not as cheap, but you can run 4 AWG all the way back for a power source with higher amperage and be able to power anything back there. I use mine for a compressor and inverter.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have three 12 volt outlets in the back. One came with the Jeep, I direct wired the other two. It's very easy, especially if you want constant hot off of the battery.

JAGS

Hooked
I have three 12 volt outlets in the back. One came with the Jeep, I direct wired the other two. It's very easy, especially if you want constant hot off of the battery.

Did you use the ARB kit for either of the two additional outlets? I need to do this next.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Did you use the ARB kit for either of the two additional outlets? I need to do this next.

No, I didn't but only because it seemed overpriced to me at the time. If I was doing it again though, I would probably only run one extra outlet and I would probably use the ARB kit because of the screw-in connection with the fridge. That said, the way I have my mounted is secure and I have never had it come unplugged from bouncing around on roads.

DVLDOG

Also if you want, it's not as cheap, but you can run 4 AWG all the way back for a power source with higher amperage and be able to power anything back there. I use mine for a compressor and inverter.

Cool, we will need to get together soon so I can see how you did it.

JAGS

Hooked
No, I didn't but only because it seemed overpriced to me at the time. If I was doing it again though, I would probably only run one extra outlet and I would probably use the ARB kit because of the screw-in connection with the fridge. That said, the way I have my mounted is secure and I have never had it come unplugged from bouncing around on roads.

I agree it is pricey, but may just bite the bullet for reasons you stated. The other stock outlet is fully accessible so that'd give me two.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I agree it is pricey, but may just bite the bullet for reasons you stated. The other stock outlet is fully accessible so that'd give me two.
The arb outlet is nice, zero complaints (other than it was a PITA to feed through the firewall). It has a lit of wire, I chose to mount mine behind the center console, but I'm pretty sure it would make it to the stock loacation.

JAGS

Hooked
The arb outlet is nice, zero complaints (other than it was a PITA to feed through the firewall). It has a lit of wire, I chose to mount mine behind the center console, but I'm pretty sure it would make it to the stock loacation.

I'm thinking somewhere near the rear seats should work whether I have the fridge on the deck or on the back seat.

Top Bottom