EVO DTD Lever

TwistedTj

I am looking at the EVO DTD system for my JKU. I was wondering how it handles in the dunes and open desert? I'll be moving to the Mohave, Ca area and would like a suspension that can handle the terrain out there.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I am looking at the EVO DTD system for my JKU. I was wondering how it handles in the dunes and open desert?

If you have to ask this question, you are not ready for the DTD.

Oh, and what Overlander asked! You gonna start a meth lab and need a vehicle in case the cops come??

BaddestCross

About the only place out there I would consider living is Tehachapi, I grew up in Lancaster and I don't ever plan on going back. Mojave area was pretty sweet for dirt bike riding though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Agreed. I've been in Palmdale for 16 years. Tehachapi is nice, but I'm ready to get out of CA all together.

TwistedTj

I'll actually be moving to Ridgecrest. Working on base there. A lot of weapons testing.

And about not being ready for the DTD.. that's pretty funny.

I was just trying to stay with a prefab kit instead of doing it all myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking at the EVO DTD system for my JKU. I was wondering how it handles in the dunes and open desert? I'll be moving to the Mohave, Ca area and would like a suspension that can handle the terrain out there.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to WAYALIFE. I have to say that I've never met anyone who knows what a DTD is let alone a kit that's made by EVO that didn't already have a good idea about how it performs. Maybe you should tell us what you know or at the very least, what you've heard.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I'll actually be moving to Ridgecrest. Working on base there. A lot of weapons testing.

And about not being ready for the DTD.. that's pretty funny.

I was just trying to stay with a prefab kit instead of doing it all myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or, stop by here in Reno, Nevada and I can show you as well. There is a lot to discuss when trying to explain how amazing the EVO Lever system is. I cannot really explain it adequately myself.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I wonder a bit myself about how to best tune the system, really. I was thinking about a thread but I am sure it would get shot down with the "ride is subjective" comments. So I didn't even try. I can say that I am amazed at how well it performs and think to myself how every suspension system should be adjustable like that.

But speaking of valving, does anyone know if the valving is different on the KING coil over shocks when they are paired with the bypass shocks? My thoughts often wonder if I could remove the bypass shock and would the primary coil over be able to continue the same? I ask this since I have to turn out (reduce compression dampening and rebound dampening) the pipes a turn or two each.

Last edited:
Top Bottom