steering box swap

wanderer

see that someone I can't find the bookmark as come out with a heavy duty steering box. since mine is just starting to leak this is something I would be interested in. The question I have is this a hard do it yourself install? or can you just un bolt the old and bolt in the new and have everything just remain the same , no alignment issues caster or anything else? Is there a write up of and r anar steering box on jeep?

JKU Arizona

see that someone I can't find the bookmark as come out with a heavy duty steering box. since mine is just starting to leak this is something I would be interested in. The question I have is this a hard do it yourself install? or can you just un bolt the old and bolt in the new and have everything just remain the same , no alignment issues caster or anything else? Is there a write up of and r anar steering box on jeep?
I just recently replaced mine a month or so ago. It's pretty easy to do. Make sure to lock your steering wheel first and everything just un-bolts and bolts back the same. Make some reference marking before takjng things apart. The hardest part was getting the steering column part back onto the gearbox other than that it wasn't too bad of a task. I replaced mine with a used stock one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
From what I seen it is an easy swap and what I would do is to go PSC new box. Worth the money and effort in my opinion.

jeeeep

Hooked
as mentioned, it's not hard to do. stabilize your steering wheel from moving so your clock spring doesn't get out of whack.

the steering gear box is heavier than it looks, after I got done I felt it would've been easier with a 2nd pair of hands

pay attention to the "key" In the pitman arm, if you go the PSC route, they have everything marked.

bleed your system properly after you get done or you'll have a noisy pump.

plan on at least 3-4 hours to get the job done.

Top Bottom