High clearance exhaust recommendations.

I've mashed my resonater pretty good. It's still functional, but will make my short list for a cat back upgrade. I'd like to go with something that's more functional for the trail, but also not looking for something to annoy the family on trail road trips. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I've mashed my resonater pretty good. It's still functional, but will make my short list for a cat back upgrade. I'd like to go with something that's more functional for the trail, but also not looking for something to annoy the family on trail road trips. Any suggestions??

I just did something like this: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?43804-My-Dynomax-Quiet-Crawler-Modified-Install

It is best just to cut off the exhaust before the rear axle. You can get the entire Dynomax Quiet Crawler System which has the exhaust pipe behind the rear axle, but for me, it would not work with EVO Lever. One of these days I will get a more complete list as there are some items that are missing (mounts mostly). I had to go to the local auto parts store and just figure it out piece by piece.

Hope this thread helps. Good luck!

davidc128

I cut mine just b4 the resonator welded on a flowmaster hp2 and dumped it just infront of the axel... i wouldnt recommend this if ur planning on long road trips... thr hp2 is pretty aggressive but not annoying if u run it past the axel flowmaster has a y pipe back system out there that uses the hp2 for around 450 i believe

sunnysideup

I have the AFE and I would agree it is on the loud side. Not a drone sound... but pretty loud when you step on it and when downshifting. Fine at slow speeds... not loud when trail riding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbotastic

The Dynomax 39516 has a really nice tone, no drone on the highway, and good clearance. Very reasonably priced too. I just picked it up because I can't run a full catback with my rear coilover setup. It dumps close the evap canister.

matt87951

I'm interested in this as well. I have hit the muffler on a few things, and have a couple small dents in it. Nothing major, but I want to replace with a high-clearance exhaust that won't rattle fillings loose or sound like a ricer. I had been eying the BORLA 140634 S-Type Climber Exhaust System, but I fear that will be too loud. The other I was looking into was the Flowmaster 817674 American Thunder. This one at least has a couple decent videos online, but I fear it too, is going to be obnoxiously loud. I have a manual, so they tend to be more obnoxious, depending on how you drive.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have had my dynomax rock crawler system on my 2011 for years now and love the sound of it. Not loud but not quiet either. Has a nice growl to it thru all rpm ranges and doesn't drone

JRUnlimited

I've been looking at both MBRP and Flowmaster high clearance exhaust. I'm interested to see if anyone is running either of these setups.

davidc128

I'm interested in this as well. I have hit the muffler on a few things, and have a couple small dents in it. Nothing major, but I want to replace with a high-clearance exhaust that won't rattle fillings loose or sound like a ricer. I had been eying the BORLA 140634 S-Type Climber Exhaust System, but I fear that will be too loud. The other I was looking into was the Flowmaster 817674 American Thunder. This one at least has a couple decent videos online, but I fear it too, is going to be obnoxiously loud. I have a manual, so they tend to be more obnoxious, depending on how you drive.
U cant go wrong with flowmaster amreican thunder! Love the sound its deeper than most systems which is wat made the choice easy for me... i just wish i had ran mine out past the axle
I've been looking at both MBRP and Flowmaster high clearance exhaust. I'm interested to see if anyone is running either of these setups.
Im running the the flowmaster hp2 which is the same muffler in the amreican thunder system and i love it

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks everyone. Very interested in the dynomax quiet crawler. Is anyone at all carrying the full kit?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Several members here have it. Only issue is that one part in the kit is backordered due to the high demand of the kit. One member here actually put together a list of parts you could get in order to make it work if you couldn't wait for having it shipped.

Top Bottom