Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital vs "Click" torque wrench

Digital vs "Click" torque wrench

So I was checking out a few different torque wrenches and wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

I was looking at a Tekton torque wrench for carrying on the trail with me and possibly a digital one for home. I would love to have a Snap-on digital torque wrench, but can't justify the price. Do any of you guys own or have used the Craftsman 1/2" digi-click torque wrench?

Pros / Cons of digital vs "click"? Would you ever carry a digital torque wrench on the trail? Personally I don't think I would because a possible dead battery or dropping it into a puddle or getting wet. Just wanted to get your opinions/experiences on trail vs home torque wrenches.

I have a mechanical one. I just don't trust digital stuff for that application. Not saying it's right or wrong, I just have never liked digital stuff for accuracy. I do take it on the trail, just because I have a spot for it next to my breaker bar.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

They are both going to do the same job. I have always used a "click" torque wrench. To me, if it works... don't fix it. I do bring it on the trail with me... because, well... why not?
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    I own both digital and clicking style. I have used my clicking style and then used my snap-on digital to see if it's accurate (digital is just as accurate). I do get more satisfaction out of that click though! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've always used click

Hooked
    There's just something really satisfying about cranking down until it clicks.

Fresh Catch
    I have an older Craftsman full digital torque wrench, not the digi-click. It works great. Never had an issue. It is advisable to carry an extra set of batteries. I rarely use mine, but storage seems to drain the batteries.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I've only ever used the click type. I'm sure digital is fine. I have a Craftsman & 2 Kobalts, in varying ranges.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    I had the snap on digital 1/2". I loved it (when it worked) after 6 months of owning it I had to send it in to the factory 3x for repair. Snap on was going to replace it as a lemon the 4th time, but I opted to just trade it in on a good old clicker. Digital had a lot of bells and whistles, but when it came down to it all I really want is an accurate torque wrench.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    I had the snap on digital 1/2". I loved it (when it worked) after 6 months of owning it I had to send it in to the factory 3x for repair. Snap on was going to replace it as a lemon the 4th time, but I opted to just trade it in on a good old clicker. Digital had a lot of bells and whistles, but when it came down to it all I really want is an accurate torque wrench.

That's my main fear about them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast