Flying American Flag

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
ForeverWave.... that's the flag I run. Small and compact, it's not dragging on the ground everywhere like I too often see from Good Ol' Boys in their trucks. Made specifically for Jeeps, and you can interchange the flags.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just make sure that if your flying the flag by itself that it sits in the middle of your Jeep. If you fly it with another flag it sits on the right side.

Napalm

I flew a small flag attached to my CB antenna in the center of the rear of the Jeep before. If you get the right size flag, it works perfectly and doesn't touch anything that hangs. Also, if you buy a good quality flag you shouldn't have any tearing. Mine didn't for 2 years of running.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Just make sure that if your flying the flag by itself that it sits in the middle of your Jeep. If you fly it with another flag it sits on the right side.

I appreciate that people like to be patriotic but it has always bothered me to see people flying a flag that is tattered and dirty or even dragging on the ground. I did not realize there was vehicle etiquette when flying the flag. Thanks for the info.

Ddays

Hooked
I appreciate that people like to be patriotic but it has always bothered me to see people flying a flag that is tattered and dirty or even dragging on the ground. I did not realize there was vehicle etiquette when flying the flag. Thanks for the info.

Surprising how many little things regarding flag etiquette there are. The most common one that a lot of people aren't aware of is not having the flag oriented correctly, ie, having the field in retreat.
The field (blue part) should always be facing forward. that's why you see "backwards" flags on the right hand side of vehicles, planes, etc. Otherwise the flag is considered to be in retreat.
This is a major no-no. It's surprising how many uniformed people I've seen with the flags displayed incorrectly. Not their fault but still. :grayno:

** not aiming this at you Jesse - just putting it out there for general info.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Surprising how many little things regarding flag etiquette there are. The most common one that a lot of people aren't aware of is not having the flag oriented correctly, ie, having the field in retreat.
The field (blue part) should always be facing forward. that's why you see "backwards" flags on the right hand side of vehicles, planes, etc. Otherwise the flag is considered to be in retreat.
This is a major no-no. It's surprising how many uniformed people I've seen with the flags displayed incorrectly. Not their fault but still. :grayno:

Wrong = this

IMG_9124.JPG
IMG_9123.jpg

USA2dr

I just slip the flag pole in the handle of high lift ...buy a new flag and use fabric glue for the edges keeps them holding longer...the flag sits high above the roof life so no problem with the ground..nothing but respect when flying the colors. IMG_20160610_111305.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

Oh don't worry I'm not taking it that way at all. The "backwards" look on people's vehicles still doesn't look right to me though I know if is. Same for shoulder patches.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

Just remember the basics when flying old glory. The field (stars) stay on the left, when presented near another flag the American flag goes to the left of other said flag ex. State flags, when presented with more than one flag on one pole the American flag goes on top, don't leave my flag in the rain, don't leave it out at night unless illuminated and don't let it touch the Fu@#ing ground!!!! There are many resources to teach flag etiquettebut these are some all Americans should know.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

I run an American flag and Arizona flag sometimes over holiday weekends etc. I love it I get compliments all the time, my only complaint is the flags rip and tear super easy. I've been looking for a heavy duty fabric that won't rip as easy.

G-mansjk

That being said I really like running marine flags they have more stitching at the seams so the last forever mine's been waving strong for 3 years. And they come in a wider array of sizes helping get the maximum size on your rig without dragging it when on the trails

desrt4x

So on my jeep looking at it from the rear, I have a cb antenna in the middle of my tire rack and on my right or passenger side jerry can holder I put the antenna for my SAR radio, on the driver side jerry can holder I have a mount for the US flag that I have mounted using a cb antenna mount. Is this wrong? I don't have the flag on all the time mostly for parades and holidays.

G-mansjk

If that flag is on it's own position is irrelevant. Left center no matter... If it's displayed with multiple flags then the American flag goes on the left. Example if I were to fly an American flag and a P.O.W. flag at the same time the American flag would go on the left the P.O.W. flag on the right. If both were on the same pole the American flag goes on top

Top Bottom