Spring hitting frame?

medic_23387

I started noticing a clunk when I go over bumps the other day and found that the driver side front spring is bowed all of a sudden and hitting my frame rail? Any suggestions or new spring time? IMG_0665.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
How much lift do you have and do you have an adjustable track bar? Make sure spring is seated well also.

medic_23387

Have adj track bar. Spring is maybe 1/4 inch unseated. Been fine till the other day and haven't made any changes to track bar. Here is a pic of the bottom of spring. Could that little bit of unseating be the issue? IMG_0666.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I would check to ensure your axle is centered. Remember when axle cycles up, it shifts to the passenger side. So you may ultimately have to move it to the driver's side slightly. Also, did the lift come with 5.5 inches of bump stop spacing as well? Make sure bump stops are dialed in right.

medic_23387

The lift is pieced together with the parts I wanted. The spacer was a teraflex 1 inch to offset my winch

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
The lift is pieced together with the parts I wanted. The spacer was a teraflex 1 inch to offset my winch

Here is a pic of it still on I figure it would be best to leave it like it is till the new spacer comes in View attachment 257792

That's some crazy shit. I've seen lots of pictures of Teraflex parts broken but never a coil spacer. Glad it didn't cause any major damage or safety to you or the Jeep.

medic_23387

Damn, that's crazy. I didn't figure a spacer would break. :eek:

Me either but that's my luck. At least it's the cheapest thing I have ever broken!!! Plus quick to change!!!! Unbolt my bottom shock bolt put a tire on the storm shelter and bam spring will pop right out! Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a pic of it still on I figure it would be best to leave it like it is till the new spacer comes in View attachment 257792

WTF? Really??? Man, and here I thought that it was near impossible to screw up something so simple as a coil spacer. Guess Chinese quality control or lack there of applies to more things than just steel. Gotta love TeraFlex. :rolleyes2:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Wow! Leave it to Teraflex :rolleyes2:

43551b52fe883a0b8bd5b1aee21c9599_-even-surprised-fresh-meme-surprised_625-351.jpeg

Top Bottom