Rear Cargo Net - Safari Straps vs Dirty Dog (or other?)

AdrockTT

Looking to add rear and read/side 3 piece cargo netting for when the top is off. I want to leave it on when I have my Trek top in place too.

How do the Safari Straps vs Dirty Dog (vs other third brand) compare?
Can anyone compare and contrast them, especially how they connect at the rear tailgate, ease of access to the rear compartment, build quality/longevity, and any flapping in the wind w top off.

Thanks!

GraniteCrystal

Wish I had more info for you. Both are well regarded and I think you'd be happy with either. I have Dirty Dog sunshade and love it. Zero complaints that most sunshades have. Online, looks like the Dirty Dog has more straps so smaller holes which is nice but also less visibility. Also may consider if you want to spider web design or not since I think only Dirty Dog does that and not Safari Straps.

AdrockTT

Wish I had more info for you. Both are well regarded and I think you'd be happy with either. I have Dirty Dog sunshade and love it. Zero complaints that most sunshades have. Online, looks like the Dirty Dog has more straps so smaller holes which is nice but also less visibility. Also may consider if you want to spider web design or not since I think only Dirty Dog does that and not Safari Straps.

Thanks for the post. I do like the thicker straps/better visibility (and seeminly better coverage) of the Safari strap warrior window kit, lack of the metal holes/hardware, and real metal buckles (over the plastic clips on the Dirty Dog). Def leaning that way...hoping it'll fit OK w my Tuffy deck and Trek top. I'll give both a call and see what they have to say too.

Rubi_the_jeep

I have the smittybilt cargo net on the back and i LOVE it. I have not tried putting it together with the trek top yep

WAYALIFE 🏜

SilverBack

Have all dirty dog front rear and cargo with sides. Also their shades and wouldn't go another way with mine. Our dog loves the space and uses them as a headrest most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_4825.jpg

Last edited:

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I run a smittybuilt cargo net because it uses the rails on the side that the soft top locks into. It also utilizes the rear top channel. I prefer it because it's one piece. I am fairly sure they make these for Jks but here's what one looks like on my TJ.

Attachments

• campaign_image.jpeg
    campaign_image.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 60
After running safari straps for 4 years, I finally removed the back panel. It's a pain to load and unload oversized items with it in. And there's no buckles for quick removal. So I'll probably keep it off until I can get some sewn on like the dirty dog. On a side note, I love being about to see clearly out the back again.

mauijim

Looking to add rear and read/side 3 piece cargo netting for when the top is off. I want to leave it on when I have my Trek top in place too.

How do the Safari Straps vs Dirty Dog (vs other third brand) compare?
Can anyone compare and contrast them, especially how they connect at the rear tailgate, ease of access to the rear compartment, build quality/longevity, and any flapping in the wind w top off.

Thanks!

I have the dirty dog 3 piece for my 2 door jk and love it. I keep it on under my soft top year round. The rear piece unbuckles very easy to load stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

Thanks all. Decided to try out the Safari Straps as I like the thicker construction, use of the stock soft top bar, metal hardware over plastic, lower price, and they seem to have a good rep in the community. I'll let everyone know how I like it after enough time to make an impression. :thumb::yup:

Marauder

Safari Straps are a made in the USA by a SoCal shop. The owners are awesome people. Dirty Dog 4x4 straps are made in Canada (still in North America), if anyone is interested in that kind of info.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom