Rear driveline slip joint boot

black pearl

Hooked
I'm probably being overly paranoid but I'm looking for the boot for my factory rear driveline as mine got ripped off on my last outing and a new driveline isn't in the budget at the moment 16 rubicon manual I'm in the Bay Area California

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

...is it TOTALLY ripped off, or just torn? If it's torn, deal with it until it actually becomes a problem like I am. In the amount of time it'll take before it's an issue you can save for a new rear DS.

I believe qtech sells the boot replacement kits. You'll have to drop the shaft and pull the ends apart to get the boot on I believe. More trouble than it's worth if you ask me.

black pearl

Hooked
...is it TOTALLY ripped off, or just torn? If it's torn, deal with it until it actually becomes a problem like I am. In the amount of time it'll take before it's an issue you can save for a new rear DS.

I believe qtech sells the boot replacement kits. You'll have to drop the shaft and pull the ends apart to get the boot on I believe. More trouble than it's worth if you ask me.

It's all the way off. It caught on my evap skid just pealed right off

WJCO

Meme King
A local drive shaft shop should have one and may be nice enough to put it on for you.

JAGS

Hooked
As noted, you can buy a replacement boot kit. Catching the boot is pretty easy, especially if you wheel in the rocks. You'll be fine for a little while, but don't wait long enough that the grease dries up or your DS will/could seize up.

I try to keep a few stock rear DS on hand in the garage just for this reason. And carry a trail spare on runs.

black pearl

Hooked
As noted, you can buy a replacement boot kit. Catching the boot is pretty easy, especially if you wheel in the rocks. You'll be fine for a little while, but don't wait long enough that the grease dries up or your DS will/could seize up.

I try to keep a few stock rear DS on hand in the garage just for this reason. And carry a trail spare on runs.

Yeah I do a lot of rocks I regressed the driveline a couple days after it happened... just thought I would put it out there if someone had parts they were getting rid of

Top Bottom